Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

8 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2009 - 2:23PM #1
Silverada

Every time I click  a link in beliefnet , as I did now to make this report,  a rectangle box open a window, featuring this name :

adserving.cpxinteractive.com

Is this part of beliefnet and why it appears in my computer everytime I clik a link?  Sometimes I notice my computer working very slow and is because    several windows are open  by the above mentioned spammer.  Please someone let me know what  is going on, and how can I stop this  madness, which  is very annoying and I don´t know what is the purpose of it?  Please comment on this  and what should I do to stop it and if any of your are  suffering the same thing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2009 - 12:25AM #2
Mushcat

I get it all the time as well and it is very annoying.  My popup blocker is ineffective against it.  I know some ads are necessary to keep a site free but these are actually way beyond annoying.  I have no idea what to do to stop them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2009 - 5:39PM #3
DAH54

I've added "127.0.0.1     adserving.cpxinteractive.com" (without the quotes) as the final line in my host file to my host file in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ or %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\  this appears to have fixed the issue for me.  I'd like a few days to see the effects of this on my system.

Depending on just what version of windows you are running this can be an easy or a difficult fix.

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2009 - 9:21PM #4
Ask.seek.knock

Interestingly enough, I was recently having this problem, too.  I was without internet at home and had to use the local library's PC.  I repeatedly got those pop-ups there, but I don't get them at home. 

Now that I've got my home internet working again, I just checked my hunch.  I have that URL listed in my restricted sites on my home PC, so this is another option you might try.  You can get to it by going to your "Internet Options" and then selecting the "Security" tab.  Personally, I prefer to let the pop-up window appear, copy the URL as it appears in my browser's address bar and then paste it into the restricted sites list ... that way, there's no typos in the URL.

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook