Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

9 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2009 - 4:46AM #1
Jalus

Hi All,

I give up! grrrrrr 

How do you post one reply and

quote more than one member?

Namaste'

Jalus

"Never forget the earth longs to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."  Kahlil Gibran
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2009 - 8:33AM #2
Teknmage

Good morning....

I'm afraid you will not like my thoughts....                            

In the old beta community the quote feature was useful, because if you clicked on the members name you where taken to the quoted post. Thus you could see the quote in context. In our new community you can input two quotes (by copy and paste) the third quote does not format correctly. Now when you click on a quoted members name you are taken to their profile. As a result I see very little reason to use it and I've been doing this instead;

Jalus: Hi All,

I give up! grrrrrr 

Teknmage: I am sorry you are frustrated.

Jalus: How do you post one reply and

Teknmage: This is how I've been doing it. I have been told that Beliefnet is looking into the quote feature, both I and a number of other host have expressed our unhappiness with the quote system. This community is not set up to do multi quote, and even quoting just one members post more than twice gives unexpected results. Sorry.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2009 - 2:49PM #3
Stardove

Apr 19, 2009 -- 4:46AM, Jalus wrote:

Hi All,

I give up! grrrrrr 

How do you post one reply and

Namaste'

Jalus

I used the quote function and copied post with coding, then opened a new post at the thread and pasted there.  Then I opened another tab......see below Dah's quote.

Apr 19, 2009 -- 8:33AM, Teknmage wrote:

Good morning....

I'm afraid you will not like my thoughts....                            

In the old beta community the quote feature was useful, because if you clicked on the members name you where taken to the quoted post. Thus you could see the quote in context. In our new community you can input two quotes (by copy and paste) the third quote does not format correctly. Now when you click on a quoted members name you are taken to their profile. As a result I see very little reason to use it and I've been doing this instead;

Jalus: Hi All,

I give up! grrrrrr 

Teknmage: I am sorry you are frustrated.

Jalus: How do you post one reply and

Teknmage: This is how I've been doing it. I have been told that Beliefnet is looking into the quote feature, both I and a number of other host have expressed our unhappiness with the quote system. This community is not set up to do multi quote, and even quoting just one members post more than twice gives unexpected results. Sorry.

I did this by using the first quote and copied with coding, and pasting into a new post at thread.  Then I opened a second tab with the thread and copied Dah's posts with the coding and pasted below the first quote.  It's not as good as the multiple quote, but it is a get around.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2009 - 5:35PM #4
Jalus

Merci beaucoup Dah and Stardove,

I feel better knowing 

I'm not hopeless ~

< BIG Smile >

that it is in fact

not for beginners!

YAAAAAA!!!!!!

< lol  true >

Have a small tranquil day my friends!

Namaste'

Jalus

"Never forget the earth longs to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."  Kahlil Gibran
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook