Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Have the rules changed?
9 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 5:23PM #1
Tmarie64

There is an abortion debate on the Discuss Christianity forum.

What's up with that?  Can we all do it now?  Or is it just for those who kiss ass really well?

Sorry for the crudeness, but I am sick and tired of the double standards around here.  I've seen people given infractions and suspensions for silly crap and then others allowed to do whatever they please.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 11:57PM #2
Teknmage

Good question, I am trying to get an answer, for you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 12:05PM #3
Stardove

Mar 25, 2009 -- 5:23PM, Tmarie64 wrote:

What's up with that?  Can we all do it now?  Or is it just for those who kiss ass really well?

Sorry for the crudeness, but I am sick and tired of the double standards around here.  I've seen people given infractions and suspensions for silly crap and then others allowed to do whatever they please.

Rules haven't changed.

The poster is staff so logically, one would assume that the other staff know.

The rule hasn't  changed, staff is just experimenting with how closely to apply them.

(Word from Staff)

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 1:20PM #4
Tmarie64

How closely to apply the rules?  Huh?

So, staff can screw around and post whatever anywhere...  That's just wrong.  Why have forums and rules if the STAFF doesn't adhere?

They remove posts for "disrespect" which is ENTIRELY subjective... but then allow some to break the objective rules.

Why not just say "Do as I say not as I do"?

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 2:33PM #5
Stardove

Mar 26, 2009 -- 1:20PM, Tmarie64 wrote:

How closely to apply the rules?  Huh?

So, staff can screw around and post whatever anywhere...  That's just wrong.  Why have forums and rules if the STAFF doesn't adhere?

They remove posts for "disrespect" which is ENTIRELY subjective... but then allow some to break the objective rules.

Why not just say "Do as I say not as I do"?

Staff is just experimenting with how closely to apply the rules. 

With the recent changes some of the Faith forums which were kind of protected meaning for people of that faith only are no longer under the heading of Faith Communities. 

I believe that staff is wanting to see if some of the ROCs can be relaxed a little.  Only time will tell what staff decides.  Until then for members the rules and guidelines apply.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 4:25PM #6
Tmarie64

Translation... SCREW the members, staff will do whatever they damn well please.  
Of course, that's been the policy for a long time, but this one is just offensive.  It's bad enough that friends of some mods can say and do whatever they want and the people the mods (two of them to be specific) don't like get dinged and berated...

There's no point in having rules if they're not going to be followed.  

As if this f*cked up excuse for a format isn't bad enough... It's like they are actively trying to destroy the discussion forum section of b'net.  I wish they'd just tell us all to go away and stop with the double standards already.  Just man up and tell everyone that they don't WANT discussion forums any longer and just close them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 10:36PM #7
DAH54

Mar 25, 2009 -- 5:23PM, Tmarie64 wrote:

I am sorry and I apologize. All I can say is we are human and we make mistakes. I hope this has been resolved to your satisfaction, now. The thread has been removed.  Again you have my apology for what it is worth.

DAH

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2009 - 7:10PM #8
Tmarie64

No apology necessary, DAH.   As long as the right thing is done, fairness and adherence to the rules is all I ask.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook