Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Here's one for ya...
9 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2009 - 9:21AM #1
Tmarie64

How do I get rid of my avatar picture?  I don't want to change it, I want it gone.  I removed all my photos and want that one out too.

GOD!!!  I HATE being treated like a 3 year old who has to be told what I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2009 - 8:47PM #2
ArnieBeeGut

Mar 19, 2009 -- 9:21AM, Tmarie64 wrote:

How do I get rid of my avatar picture?  I don't want to change it, I want it gone.  I removed all my photos and want that one out too.

Hmmm, they don't seem to have a facility for that. What you can do is upload another image and switch to it. Thenm the old one will be gone forever Ithink - except you're stuck with the new one. :(

Here's  an image I call "Polar Bear in a Snowstorm" that you can save, upload, and switch your avatar to (it's on the left); on the right is the "default" avatar, that you can do the same to so it will look as if you had not set yours:

Just right-click on the white area and select "Save Image As" and ok - the left file name is "white.png", the right "default93.jpg". Then go to your home page and click Profile | Change profile photo. Click the "Upload Photos" button on the right, Click "Browse for File", then navigate to white.png (or default.jpg) on your computer and click the "Start Uploads" button. When it is uploaded, select it and click the "Select Photo" button. Viola! Your avatar is now pure as the driven snow!

Blessings,
Arnie

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted..." -Mae West

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2009 - 11:14PM #3
DAH54

Thank you for that helpful post, ArnieBeeGut, and for the two images.

That has also been my experience.

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook