Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View
Announcement: Bugs, and suggested workarounds.
9 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2009 - 8:26AM #1
Teknmage

Here is a list of things that I believe are broken in no particular order.

Groups, New Thread...

In a group when you click on "NEW THREAD" you will see an input window like this one;

You will notice if you look carefully that there is no toolbar, you can not change the text, add photos, or spell check, to name just a few of the tools that are missing.

WORKAROUND: Give your thread a name and click on "CREATE THREAD" once your thread is created, edit the thread, and you can then, bold, underline, add a photo or change text color. You will see the same text editor as in the forums.

Fixed!: this issue now appears to be fixed!

INSERT POTO icon  does not allow one to insert a photo!

WORKAROUND: For IE 7 users use the "INSERT PHOTO" button in the lower right hand corner. For PC users, FireFox 2.0.0.20 does not show the "Browse" button and so you can not select photos to upload. Also Check out my Photo How To: How to add an image to a post <

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2009 - 11:28AM #2
Teknmage

Beliefnet Spell Checker: The new built in Beliefnet spell checker (under Vista and IE7) can fail in a number of ways, generally speaking it fails in the lower part of a post.

If you use special text effects like bold, italics. underline, strikethrough, or colored text for part of a sentence, the editor may delete a space joining two words creating a nonsensical word. The spell checker may also fail to see an entire word, and suggest that part of a word is missed spelled. In my experience when you have entered enough text that the scroll bars appear you are more likely to find undetected miss spelled words in the section of your post not displayed.

Workaround: You can load the free Google tool bar < from here. This will spell check any text you enter in Internet Explorer, anywhere on the web, not just here at Beliefnet. Also it is much easier to see miss spelled words, you have the ability to enter your own words, like Beliefnet or your screen name/user name and it will not flag them as miss spelled.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2009 - 1:15PM #3
Teknmage

Group Activities: If you click on your "My Home" you'll notice on the right hand side a Group Activities heading, under this heading you should find up to two groups you are a member of listed. I have yet to see any activity reported in this section, and believe this feature is broken.

If you click on a group icon you will be taken to a page that will display a "Group Forum" Status. This status appears to reflect the date the thread was created and NOT the date of last activity.

Workaround: Visit the actual discussion board.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2009 - 2:14PM #4
Teknmage

False Friend Request: If you have enabled email notification of new emails you will get a false friendship request, the orange letters stand out very plain here, the actual message, circled in green is that you have received a new email.

Workaround: Take the time to read the email, or disabled email notifications.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook