Thursday, May 28, 2009, 10:23 AM
Goals....I broke up with a gentleman I was dating bc things weren't working out but I think part of it was that I continue to feel like my life is SO out of order it is unreal. I feel like I am in survival mode and I hate feeling like this. I hate feeling like I am drowning half of the time.....there is SO much of my life that I cannot control - my job, the mortgage company, the insurance company, my ex.....I HATE feeling out of control. I am sure there is a lesson in this somehow...but for right now I am going to set some goals for myself and work on getting what I can control in order instead of shutting down and ignoring it all.
So I have decided that I need to document how I am working towards my goals. I have made an effort to do something everyday to work towards my goals. I have a laundry list of goals that I have set for myself....I guess I need to start looking at them in a bit of a different way....Long Term goals; Short Terms goals; Daily goals. Perhaps that won't make them seem SO overwhelming and I won't just shut down and hide my head in the sand...
SO, I am here to organize my thoughts this morning.....with a prayerful heart and open mind.
Long Terms Goals: By August 2010
1. Lose weight - I am overweight and I need to get healthier so I can be a better mother, daughter and friend.
2. Organize my house - I need to set a good example for my dd that organization is possible and that life runs smoother with organization.
3. Declutter my house - I need to remember that I am truely blessed and that I do not need all of the material things that I have been clinging to - I need the important people in my life - friends, family and God.
4. Get into healthy routines - I need to walk away from the unhealthy things, too much comptuer time, too much alcohol, too much stress, not enough exercise.
5. Keep up with housework
6. Learn to forgive and have a happier heart - I need to be the example for my daughter for how to live. I want to set the best example I can for her. I want her to grow up learning how to be the best young woman she can be.
7. Financial freedom - I want to pay off my debt; get my home into a position where I will be able to keep my home; live well within my own means - if not below.
Short Term Goals - Summer 2009
1. Reorganize house: playroom, garage, office, kitchen, bedroom, dd room
2. Training for dog
3. Paint kitchen, playroom and bathroom
4. Log daily food intake
5. Menu for dinners/lunches to ensure food groups are being met
6. Library weekly - as much for dd as for me - I want to read a book this summer - cover to cover - nothing required - something for me!
7. Work on photography - I have found something that i really enjoy and I need to spend time doing something that I truely enjoy!
So now they are in print. Now the goals are in my face and right in front of me. I need to work towards reaching them now. I pray that the Lord gives me the stregnth to continue working towards these goals when things get hard and the path of least resistance would be easier. I pray that the Lord provides light on my days when my world feels so dark that I feel like I can't go on. I pray that the Lord helps me to move in the right direction in my life.