For many neighborhoods across the country, this winter has been snowier than usual. When it's snowing or too icy to go to school or to work, what do you do? Make snow angels? Sled or snow ball fight in your neighborhood? What are your snow day must-haves?
We invite you to share the ways winter inspires you by posting photos of YOUR favorite winter activities and places, from scenes of snowman-building children to snow-dappled backyards and forests.
Enter our "Winter Wonderland" photo contest for your chance to have your photos featured on Beliefnet!
Here's how to participate:
1. Not yet a member of Beliefnet Community? Click here to create your account.
2. Officially enter the contest by posting a comment below these instructions (click on "Leave a Comment") or send a message to me, Rebecca, by visiting my profile.
3. Create a new photo gallery just for this contest. Click here for instructions on creating separate photo galleries within your own photo section.
4. Tell your "Winter Wonderland" story. Make sure each photo has a caption describing the winter scene displayed.
5. Share multiple photos throughout the month. We'll be accepting photos through February 20, so continue adding to your gallery as often as you want.
Need inspiration? Check out some wintry photos from Beliefnet members:
-Snow depth by Heartbreath
-Over 2 feet! by Crislsoul
-Deer in winter front yard by Muddiggermom
-Icy beauty in the grove by Retsinab
Questions? Feel free to post comments and questions below. Thank you for your entries! We're looking forward to seeing your photos--and to crowning a winner later this winter!