Sunday, January 5, 2014, 4:28 PM
“Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid,
and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.”
The magi who followed the star to Bethlehem are models of people on a spiritual quest, or as Joseph Campbell puts it of people who follow their bliss. The magi asked, “Where is the child?” They didn’t know precisely what they were looking for or what they would find. They only knew they were looking for something.
When we are on a spiritual quest, we often know we are looking for something, too. Sometimes we can clearly articulate what we are looking for. Other times we cannot.
Here are some suggestions for you to take on the journey.
1. Be open to new ideas and experiences, maybe even things you hadn’t considered before.
2. Be curious about whatever comes your way.
3. Be willing to experience new things and to let go of old ones, including ideas and perceptions of yourself.
4. Be proactive. Take initiative to develop a mindset that is focused on finding and following your bliss.
5. Be surprised.
6. Trust Life that as it unfolds, your bliss will manifest.
Peace and Blessings!