Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View The Three greatest Treasures
5 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2012 - 7:43PM #1
Neomonist

Simplicity, patience, compassion.
These three are your greatest treasures.
Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being.
Patient with both friends and enemies,
you accord with the way things are.
Compassionate toward yourself,
you reconcile all beings in the world.

Lao Tzu

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2013 - 3:30PM #2
ToltecLogic

The great Way is easy,

yet people prefer the side paths.

Be aware when things are out of balance.

Stay centered in the Tao.

Whoever is planted in the Tao

will not be rooted up.

Whoever embraces the Tao

will not slip away...

How do I know this is true?

By looking inside myself.

Consciousness of the unity underlying diversity is the purpose of building character through dealing with the problems of life in this world otherwise known as the 'dragon's abyss'.

'Triplex unit' is at the heart of the entire concept of yin and yang, heaven and earth, light and dark, night and day, etc. Essentially the symbol for yin and yang is based on 3 above and 3 below as illustrated in the hexagrams to be found in the I Ching. Each hexagram containing 6 lines being divided into two trigrams one above and one below representative of eight distinct constantly changing possibilities ie, Heaven, Thunder, Water, Mountain, Earth, Wind, Fire and Lake. What is straight becomes broken, what is broken will become straight. These are the lines of change.

tl

"Although the words are very clear, yet they are also very vague. The shallow may take the I Ching to be a book of divination, but the profound consider it the secret of the celestial mechanism."

Lu Tung-pin

"The Tao of spiritual alchemy is none other than the Tao of the I Ching, the Tao of sages is none other than the Tao of immortals, and that the I Ching is not a book of devina- tion but rather is the study of investigation of principles, fulfillment of nature, and arriving at the meaning of life."

Liu I-ming

"Whenever I see those whom the vulgar call devotees of the Tao, I find that all of them seek to be taken in by spirits and immortals, or they seek lasting life and preservation of wealth by the practice of material alchemy or sexual yoga. When it comes to the great Tao of true eternity, pure and open, tranquile and dispassionate, there are few who are interested in it."

Lu Tung-pin

Restoration of the celestial
within the temporal is the return
of basic nature to natural innocence
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook