Switch to Forum Live View Make Windows Vista PCs Run Faster - Virtual Memory
4 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2010 - 6:39PM #1
Ur2

Make your Windows Vista PC run faster

Print this out for easier implementation

Windows Vista PCs run faster if their Virtual Memory is optimized. 

Click on the Start button and on the right side of the Start Menu, click on Control Panel. In the Control Panel click on the System and Maintenance icon. The System and Maintenance window will open. In it click on the System icon. The System window will open. This window has info about your OS, your Processor and more importantly for now, how much Memory (RAM) your PC has installed. Make a note of this RAM/Memory figure for later. Over on the left hand side of this window click Advanced system settings. A User Account Control dialogue box will open, click on Continue

The System Properties window will open on the Advanced tab. Click on the Settings button (top right) in the Performance demi-box. The Performance Options window will open. Click on the Advanced tab. In the middle of the Advanced tab window there is a demi-box entitled Virtual memory. To the right there is a figure in MB. Click on the Change button. 

The Virtual Memory window will open. In the center of the Virtual Memory window on the left side click on the Custom size bullet hole. The two boxes to the right will brighten. In BOTH boxes type in a figure that is 2 – 2 ½ times your installed RAM/Memory. Make sure they’re the same figure. That’s the figure I told you to make a note of above. If you have 2.00 GB of RAM, type in 4000 or 4500. If you have 1.00 GB of RAM, type in 2000 or 2500. It’s absolutely OK to have a little more than the recommended figure listed at the bottom of this window. Trust me, I know these things. Then click on the Set button, then click OK. A small window will pop open telling you that to effect these changes, you must Restart your computer. Click OK

In the Performance Options window click on Apply (lower right) and then click OK. In the System Properties window click OK. Another little window will ask you to Restart Now. Click OK. Your computer will Shutdown and Restart and the Virtual Memory changes will be in effect. 

Your computer will love you for this and run faster for you. I promise. 

If you have any questions, problems or doubts… contact me here. 

Thanx, 

Ur2

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2010 - 11:06AM #2
Agnosticspirit

Cool tips, Ur2 --- thanks for sharing! 

AS

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2010 - 11:32AM #3
Ur2

Thanks AS,

My pleasure.

I know the instructions sound like a recipe for a Tibetan lamb stew, but if folks will print out the directions and follow them to the letter, I promise your PC will love you for it. And that's a good thing. :)

Thanx,

Ur2

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook