Switch to Forum Live View New (or Revised) Forum Preference
4 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2010 - 3:51AM #1
Merope

A new preference has been added to (or an existing preference has been revised on) the forum preferences page.

If you click on Preferences at the top of any forum page, you now see this:

Notify you when someone quotes one of your posts?

* This option provides notifications without flooding your email inbox. Only one notification is sent until you view the thread again.

The default preference is shown in the box.  To change that preference:  Click on the arrow, select either "Yes, every time" or "No, never", scroll down to the end of the page, and click on UPDATE PREFERENCES.

If you don't change the default preference, you'll receive a one-time-only emailed notification when somebody quotes one of your forum posts.

Note that this is a per-thread notification: If you don't change the default preference, then you'll receive more than one notification depending on the number of threads on which you've posted and been quoted.  You'll still get only one notification per thread.  But if one of your posts has been quoted on more than one thread, you'll get a notification for each thread.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2010 - 9:00AM #2
Stardove

Thanks Merope....good fine!  Laughing

Setting seems to be the default currently.  When I went to set "to send if am I quoted" that option was there.  So if a member doesn't want to be notified they will need to change setting.  May even have to save (upate) this new change, too.  I don't know, but I did click on the update preferences.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2010 - 12:56PM #3
Merope

Jul 9, 2010 -- 9:00AM, Stardove wrote:

Thanks Merope....good fine! 

Setting seems to be the default currently.  When I went to set "to send if am I quoted" that options was there.  So if a member doesn't want to be notified they will need to change setting.  May even have to save (upate) this new change, too.  I don't know, but I did click on the update preferences.

You're welcome Smile

And, yeah, we have to click on UPDATE PREFERENCES whenever we change our preferences on that page.  If we don't, our preference changes won't take effect.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook