5 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2010 - 8:34PM #1
Oddray

anyone else noticed anything odd with the points attributed on our profiles?  my number of points have not changed in at least 3 weeks!  i just happened to have made a mental note one day, then days, then weeks passed and no change - despite being a very active member here everyday.  i contacted:

community@beliefnetstaff.com

3 times now with no response.  any suggestions other than get over it and/or be patient? LOL

"Gratitude is the music of the heart its chords swept by the breeze of kindness"
~Author unknown~
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2010 - 12:00PM #2
Stardove

Apr 8, 2010 -- 8:34PM, Oddray wrote:

anyone else noticed anything odd with the points attributed on our profiles?  my number of points have not changed in at least 3 weeks!  i just happened to have made a mental note one day, then days, then weeks passed and no change - despite being a very active member here everyday.  i contacted:

community@beliefnetstaff.com

3 times now with no response.  any suggestions other than get over it and/or be patient? LOL

After the first stages it takes a lot of points for the numbers to change.

Click HERE to see the point system.  Also change we made when the point system started.  Member were getting too high too fast, so the points needed for different levels changed.

Those of us who had reached a level under the old scoring method were not taken down to a lower level when the change occured.  So it could be a while before you see your level change.  I'm at level 6 and have no where near 50,000 points.

Levels:

0 points: Level 1
100 points: Level 2
1,000 points: Level 3
5,000 points: Level 4
15,000 points: Level 5
50,000 points: Level 6
100,000 points: Level 7
250,000 points: Level 8
500,000 points: Level 9
1,000,000 points: Level 10

See link for how many points are earned for each action.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2010 - 8:52PM #3
Oddray

don't know if you're aware of this stardove; but from the time i reported this problem - april 8th - or 7 months ago, my profile points have not budged!  i've been in touch with someone about it but again have not heard back since being told it was reported and being worked on - just FYI - in case you have any pull.  thanks dear.

"Gratitude is the music of the heart its chords swept by the breeze of kindness"
~Author unknown~
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2010 - 2:31PM #4
Stardove

Oct 30, 2010 -- 8:52PM, Oddray wrote:

don't know if you're aware of this stardove; but from the time i reported this problem - april 8th - or 7 months ago, my profile points have not budged!  i've been in touch with someone about it but again have not heard back since being told it was reported and being worked on - just FYI - in case you have any pull.  thanks dear.

I have seen the reports on the issue, so I know it has been reported to staff.  I will see if I can get a better answer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just sent another email to staff...hopefully we'll get an answer.  Stardove

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2010 - 3:53PM #5
Merope

Hi, Oddray —

Yup, you've been working with me on the points issue, and you've not been forgotten or ignored Kiss.  The platform management company is working on it.  They don't have an answer yet; when they have one, you'll have one (and so will I :-) 

For reasons as yet unknown, your profile seems to be the exception in terms of not reflecting all earned points.  I recall letting you know that other members whose profiles previously did not reflect all earned points are now reflecting all earned points. 

I'm so sorry we don't have an immediate answer for you.  As volunteer community mods, we can't control or fix the tech stuff.  We can only report it to staff and the platform management company, and push for priority resolution.  In your case, this is what we're doing.

We understand your frustration.  It's frustrating for us that we can't get a rapid resolution for you.  We can only ask for your patience as we diligently work through this.

Faithfully,
M

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2010 - 5:02PM #6
Oddray

thank you M!  i only brought it up here again because i happened across my original report about it that was written april 8; also mentioning it had already been that way for about 3 weeks, so became doubly frustrated that it has been the same for 8 months!  yes there have been changes in owners and bnet staffers etc., but 8 months is a very long time.  and since i was the one to bring up the issue, it didn't help much to be told that everyone else's has been fixed! LOL!

i truly appreciate you guys and all you do, and i apologize for being a pain in the arse sometimes!  i know part of it is venting over the loss of participation levels this past year or so, adding to the errant thot that people [in general] have stopped caring.

~Author unknown~
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2010 - 12:52PM #7
Merope

Hi, Oddray —

My pleasure :-)

I know it seems like people don't care :-(  But I don't think that's the root of the problem.  Beliefnet's new staff really does care; however, the sale moved so quickly — and apparently a quick sale was one of the terms of the sale — that there was insufficient transition time to apprise the new owners of all current glitches/tech issues and their ramifications.

Martha and Naomi were both here until June 25, so they were working with you back in April/May on the points issue.  I'm sure they were working with the platform management company on the issue, too.  Obviously, they were unable to get results before they were laid off, but I know they tried as hard as they could to resolve the points issue given the pressures under which they were working at the time.

I know it sounds like I'm going all rah-rah for the new management.  Yet the truth is that they do care but are still dealing with the aftermath of the sale, with a hugely cut-back staff, and with a platform management company that is (a) located in Arkansas and (b) sometimes less responsive (or responsive in a less timely manner) than we need them to be.   

We're grateful that you're still pressing for resolution of your case, so don't worry about being a pain in the ass.  You're never a pain :-)

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook