Post Reply
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Editing "About Me" on the Profile
4 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2010 - 1:45PM #11
Agnosticspirit
Posts: 9,244

Hi Markezuma, welcome to Beliefnet!


Ability to edit the location doesn't work right now. It's a glitch on our current platform.


To fill in the Faith section, it's in a rather non-intuitive spot. Go to Profile, then Account and scroll to the bottom to select your faith, then press Submit to save changes. I just checked, and Mormon/LDS is an available option. Let us know if that works for you.


AS

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

 Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2010 - 4:02PM #12
Markezuma
Posts: 289

I found the page to which you refered me. And it did have the option right where you said it would be. It was already set to LDS so I changed it to Christian and the system acknowleged the change. So I changed it back and it again acknowledged the change. But still nothing on my profile page (sigh).


I received an e-mail today asking for my last name so I entered that on that page, too.

"Better a live sparrow than a stuffed eagle" -E. Fitzgerald
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2010 - 12:34PM #13
Stardove
Posts: 15,731

Jul 23, 2010 -- 4:02PM, Markezuma wrote:


I found the page to which you refered me. And it did have the option right where you said it would be. It was already set to LDS so I changed it to Christian and the system acknowleged the change. So I changed it back and it again acknowledged the change. But still nothing on my profile page (sigh).


I received an e-mail today asking for my last name so I entered that on that page, too.



At the edit my page there is a place to type in Tell Us More About Your Faith:  In the "box" type what you want to appear at the top of your page.


The  More About Your Faith:  is where you check the ones that apply to you. 



You should see two different areas.  A staffer is working to add you location.  I don't see a reason to have you last name on you page.  The staffer was most likely wanting to know so you could be helped with the location glitch.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2010 - 3:25PM #14
Jupiter6208
Posts: 2,376

This is still not working for me  i cannot change my Religion 

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry



You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2010 - 11:40PM #15
Stardove
Posts: 15,731

Sep 8, 2010 -- 3:25PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:


This is still not working for me  i cannot change my Religion 



On your home page click on the second Profile then edit profile.  That page has different faiths listed.  Check what you want and be sure to save (submit) changes.  Also you can open the Profile Wizzard and make changes there. 

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2010 - 11:02AM #16
Agnosticspirit
Posts: 9,244

Sep 9, 2010 -- 11:40PM, Stardove wrote:


Sep 8, 2010 -- 3:25PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:


This is still not working for me  i cannot change my Religion 



On your home page click on the second Profile then edit profile.  That page has different faiths listed.  Check what you want and be sure to save (submit) changes.  Also you can open the Profile Wizzard and make changes there. 




 


Actually this is a glitch. I tried to change my religion from atheist to agnostic and it didn't update on my profile. If I go to my account setup, agnostic is still listed there but it's not apparent on my profile. This is a genuine glitch. 

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

 Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2010 - 3:20PM #17
Stardove
Posts: 15,731

Sep 11, 2010 -- 11:02AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:


Sep 9, 2010 -- 11:40PM, Stardove wrote:


Sep 8, 2010 -- 3:25PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:


This is still not working for me  i cannot change my Religion 



On your home page click on the second Profile then edit profile.  That page has different faiths listed.  Check what you want and be sure to save (submit) changes.  Also you can open the Profile Wizzard and make changes there. 




 


Actually this is a glitch. I tried to change my religion from atheist to agnostic and it didn't update on my profile. If I go to my account setup, agnostic is still listed there but it's not apparent on my profile. This is a genuine glitch. 



AS, Wow...report to you know where/whom.....


A glitch...that is so hard to imagine on the site...


....sarcasm alert  Tongue out

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2010 - 3:40PM #18
Agnosticspirit
Posts: 9,244

Stardove, just to make sure the techie gods aren't mad at atheists and agnostics, I tried changing my faith to Quaker and pressed submit. When I go to my account profile I can see Quaker listed  under faith but my profile still indicates atheist. :) 


Yep... reporting glitch here... where everyone can see it and know they're not alone and to the Beliefnet_Community profile. 

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

 Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2010 - 4:22PM #19
Agnosticspirit
Posts: 9,244

Markezuma and Jupiter, it's possible Merope can change your faith designation for you. I emailed her with your member names hope you don't mind. 


Markezuma, I assume you want your faith to be changed to LDS? Jupiter, I'll ask Merope to PM you so you can let her know what to change it to.  


Thanks, 

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

 Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook