Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

9 years ago  ::  May 16, 2009 - 12:17PM #1
RooRoo

Has anyone tried the South Beach Diet?   So far , it seems to be working for me. I have lost 27 pounds in the last month and a half since I've been on it.  The first two weeks allow no carbs. Then we are allowed to add fruits, whole grain bread and pasta back into the diet. I still eat very little bread and haven't had any pasta at all. The first two weeks have cut out my cravings for sweets especailly chocolate. This diet helps me stay away from the bad fats & carbs and is changing my eating habits. I hope that I never go back to buying bags  of candy and eating it all in one or two days.  I still have over 100 lbs to lose. Wish me lots of luck & keep me in your prayers.  Roo

The Roo just hopped in to say " Have a very blessed day!"
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 30, 2009 - 4:02PM #2
ranuculas

Roo,

ANY diet that"works" even if temporarily to motivate sounds good to me!

Susie

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2009 - 9:56AM #3
RooRoo

I have now lost 43 pounds. Sealed  My sister & I bought a treadmill so that we can start exercising.  I wish everyone success in losing weight and keeping it off!

Roo

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2009 - 5:35PM #4
RooRoo

I just wanted to say that I am now at 53 pounds lost. I am now doing 25 minutes a day on the treadmill. My weightloss is slowing down. I may need to cut back on  the bread. Also,  I think i may me building muscle since i am now exercising. I wish everyone success in losing weight and, more importantly, keeping it off!

Best wishes, Roo

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2009 - 10:10PM #5
Cardinaltruth

Hello Roo..

My Doctor has recommended this diet for me. I am a carb junkie! How difficult was it for you to go with out any carbs at all for 2 whole weeks?!

I think it is so wonderful you have lost so much weight. I wish you continued success in your journey!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook