Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

10 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2008 - 3:06PM #1
Green is My Favorite Color

Hello one and all...

Its quite weird that I should get an invite from Our Lady, because I've just recently began the push to lose my last 30lbs to my optimum weight.

I wonder.... does she read minds?

Yep, I'm a guy. 6'2" and started my weightloss journeyabout 2.5 years ago and at 281. At a physical the doc said those dreaded, yet powerful hyphenated word, "pre-diabetic." Roger that, doc.

Cut red meat, patatos, bread (mostly), refined sugars. Increased veggies, nuts, chicken, fish... I plateaued at 228 and stayed there for like a year. And I found out why I plateaued: nuts. My down fall. Those little dudes pack a serious calorie wallop.

So now, I've cut nuts and am keeping a calorie log. Doing my best to stay under 2000/day. More if I can. Averaging about 1860 or so.

So, I'm working at it! I feel like I'm back on track. And in the last week alone, I've drop 4 pounds, which in my experience, is a whole lot for a week!

Thanks for the invite. I look forward to knowing you all better and learning a ton of good stuff!

regards

Karl

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2008 - 1:39AM #2
Timeinabible
Hi New dude.......Sounds like your doing a great job. Welcome to the group ! I am now motivated to loose atleast 30lbs. myself. If I can drop 2 lbs a week  I`ll be happy. Blessings on your journey.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2008 - 2:26PM #3
April29
Warm welcome to you Karl!  You sound like you are doing a wonderful job!  Good advice, I like to snack on almonds, try to keep it down to only a few a day though.  Any tips on ideas are wonderful!  Thank you!  Man, I just love bread, why is it so bad for you?  I get wheat fiber bread, I don't eat it in mass amounts, but man I love a good turkey sandwich!  Chicken salads are awesome!  Hope all is well with you and yours!  Peace and Love>>April
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook