6 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2008 - 1:03PM #1
Compassionate One
Comfort food, for me it depends a lot on the weather. When it is hot out, a slice of cold apple pie, or a chocolate-bananna smoothie. I am a diabetic so what ever I make it has to be with splenda, it has been a real blessing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2008 - 1:28PM #2
BeOpen
Wow!  Comfort for me just depends on my mood.  Mostly it has to be sweet with lots of fat.  So, ice cream works really well.  Of course, steak is good:  a ribeye grilled with just a little salt, pepper and garlic.  You guessed I'm addicted to food.  I have lost about 20 lbs.  Thanks to lots of protein and lots of vegetables.  But I still crave sweet and fattening!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2008 - 3:01PM #3
cat9702
comfort food,...a sandwich on soft white bread with mayo and a glass of milk or ice cream or sweets.  
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2008 - 4:31AM #4
April29
mmm chocolate :)  Haven't had much of that lately though.  Trying to alter my way of thinking, and just had a midnight snack of Salad with cauliflower and a bit of ranch :)  Have learned to love salad and veggies :) I try to not even buy junk food cuz i had some in the house i would of just ate it! :) On the sweeter side I do love milk shakes, or Banana splits with the works! :)  Yummy making me want a split!  Peace and Love>>April
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2008 - 12:36PM #5
luv2bmimi

I agree, it definately has to do with emotions. We call it comfort food, but does it really comfort us or is it just an excuse? Mine is chicken noodle soup- My weakness is hard candy and Pepsi!!!God help us all!!!

Luv2bmimi@hotmail.com

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2008 - 5:51AM #6
April29
Hey compassionate one you should look up stevia, it is a all natural sweetner, not man made, there are a lot of chemically enhanced sweetners including splenda.  Stevia also has other good attributes.  Peace and Love>>April
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook