Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How to lose 5 lbs in 2 weeks?
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 2:38PM #1
sumleaf1

Hello,
I am a first timer!  Need your inputs
here. 

I
weighed myself last Friday and the scale pointed to 212 lbs.  Yuk, I put on nearly 80 lbs in the past 10
years. 

Now
here is my challenge, I am going to throw a Hawaiian wedding reception for
myself on September 6, which is about a little bit 2 weeks away.  I want to lose a little bit weight before the party,
let’s say 3-5 lbs.  Any quick fix that can
help me achieve this goal?

I
know I am a little vain here, ;)  Oh
well, hopefully I am only married once in a lifetime, so I’d like to make my reception
memorable.  Of course, the most important
reason I want to lose weight is, I know my weight is going to harm my
health. 

Any
input will be appreciated!

Sum

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 6:47PM #2
clovesG

Hi Sum~

I have to tell you that I have been amazed at the weight I have lost from drinking this Chinese tea that was posted on another thread and by watching a hypnosis video. But since you are needing this asap and you won't have time to send away and get either of these I will tell you how I have always been able to lose a couple of pounds in a day or two.  Drink tons of water and cut out carbs. No bread, pasta and rice. Stick to protein, fruit and veggies. But the ones that are not high in carbs.

This is hard to do all the time, but I can lose major weight if I cut down on carbs and you also lose inches which is what you want.

Good luck and happiness on your wedding!!! Wish I could be there.

Love, Char :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 10:48PM #3
rhea70

go on a vegan diet and cut out all wheat products you will lose more than you wanted,eat beans for proteian and cabbage to keep things moving,good luck and congrats on your wedding

Rhea

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2008 - 12:52AM #4
meowser

How's about if you focus on your joyful event and not let weight play any role in your life for the next two weeks?  Find a flattering outfit and love your life!!!  Worry about weight after the wedding.

Eat healthy, drink lots of water, get some good walks or visits to the gym in, and stay off the scale.  It will only have too much power during a time when there are other priorities!

Congratulations on your new journey. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2008 - 4:58AM #5
Ethelq5
meowser is right...it's your wedding not some fashion show (opppsss just kidding)...just feel relaxed and stop pressuring yourself from the lbs you want to shed in such a short time...losing weight will not happen overnight..you've to plan for it and set a goal (achievable one,ok?)then carry out...so, if your goal is to look good on that day, avoid stressing yourself and just enjoy....you don't want to look haggard on that day right?...congratulations!!!feel pretty, stay pretty...goodluck...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2008 - 8:49AM #6
clovesG

Hi Sum~

I think the above two posts are the best way. :)  You KNOW you are loved by your man. He has ALWAYS been there for you in good times and bad. He will see you as beautiful no matter what. 

When I married Jay I had gained back a ton of weight, but he saw me as beautiful. Finding the dress that makes you feel like a princess sure helps. Having yor hair and nails done and taking a nice bubble bath allows you to continue to feel pampered.  Don't ruin the next 2 weeks dieting. It will only make you weak on your special day and you need tons of energy to dance and have fun. Everyone there will see you as a princess.....it is YOUR day to shine!!!!

Love you,

Char :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2008 - 11:20AM #7
Livwithpurpose

Hi Sums!

First off, a big congrats on your upcoming wedding!!  You must be so excited!

As for the weight loss, I agree with Meowser and Ethel.  I know it is hard NOT to think about your appearance for the big day, but you are going to look beautiful no matter what!!  Of that, I am sureWink  You are going to be so busy--and most likely STRESSED--in the next couple of weeks that adding the stress of trying to lose weight is going to only add to the chaos.  As suggested, try your best to eat healthfully, get some exercise in and just let it go!!  You didn't gain the weight overnight, and you won't lose it healthfully overnight either.  Pamper yourself by taking care of yourself and the rest will fall into place.  Above all, HAVE FUNKiss

Hugs!

Michelle

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2008 - 1:11AM #8
meowser

Oh hi Michelle!  This must be where you found me to request me to be a friend.  I see that you did see my kitties.  

Yours are beautiful too!!

Sum, take a lesson from a cat.  Know your worth and relax........ 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2008 - 6:00AM #9
SwEEt BaBY JaM
i think your soon to be husband don't care about it at all.just find ways to relax like a massage/spa/sauna/salon.you'll only look beautiful when you feel beautiful.just like what ethel have said...

...way to go my friend...mwah!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2008 - 7:37PM #10
emerging butterfly

Yep....he loves you...now, not later...smile.

Have a wonderful time, share cake with your love, and eat healthy so that your face will glow in radiance and not deprivation. 

After your honeymoon, begin to nurture yourself with good food and exercise and delight in the fact that your man loves you no matter what you look like.  That is a plus!!

Love...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook