Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

James1951
    Spiritual Mood:
    Faith: Other

Profile Stats

• OurLadyofWeightLoss
    OurLadyo
    fWeightL
    oss

My Forum Posts

My Guestbook

BTW... What brought on post in my guest book?

Evillynnstar
    May 22, 2009
    12:08 AM
    Delete Comment

Actually it was thou shall not murder. Which I agree. However the interpretation of stealing back then has changed several times through the ages. In the time it was written, a poor person was permitted to take pickings from a farmers field. However over the yrs jail and even death sentences have been imposed against the poor from "stealing" from farmers. Adultery is becoming gray area. There are many still mongomus couples out there, however now sub-cultures of swingers are growing in popularity. Envy and convert are pretty much the same thing. Yet converting your neighbors goods are a part of American life. Its how our economy has thrived. I'm not saying theses things are bad or good. They both pose negative and positives aspects. You have to remember, the bible was written for people living in small tribes. Often closely related. The bible was not written for large amounts of people.

Evillynnstar
    May 21, 2009
    11:36 PM
    Delete Comment

While the bible may be outdated in terms of the time it was written, the same concepts are relevant today even if the application may be different due to cultural differences. Its still wrong to kill, steal, commit adultery, envy, covet. etc.

James1951
    May 21, 2009
    11:53 AM
    Delete Comment
    Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

My Photos and Videos

My Latest Beliefnet Comments

My Prayer Circles