Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2008 - 7:15PM #1
maryia

Hello...I work in assited living center and have residents who enjoy making tray favors for the local hospital.  I have had some really nice ideas that have earn my residents some very positive feedback, but starting to wear down in the idea department.  I have not found websites with ideas.  Most are wedding favors that are simply tulle bundes of candy.  I like to use clever concepts to include an insprirational thought or message.  I have Easter under control, but have decided to "Passover St. Patrick's Day"  Any suggestions would be really appreciated.  I would be happy to share my ideas with others if they are interested.  I also work with youth groups who are willing to share time with the residents, so many of my stash are also great for kid.

Thanks a million! God Bless 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2008 - 9:58PM #2
klovesherpets

maryia,

hello, i am not sure what you are talking about tray favors for the hospital ? food trays?? can you explain a little more about it...or do you want to make like cards for people in the hospital.. 

sorry , ~K

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2008 - 10:14PM #3
maryia

Dear ~K,

Thanks for your interest!  Tray favor are small, quick to make crafts that are put on the food trays of the hospital patients.  We usually do them to commemorate a holiday, and include a cheerful or inspirational message. Last year, Valentine we made the candy kiss rose buds. In August we made paper sail boats, put a lifesaver candy on a string and wished "Smooth Sailing"  For Easter this year we are using a plastic egg and enhancing it to look like a bunny.  Inside will be a message related to Easter and a chocolate egg.  

I just wish I could find a book full of these little "quickies".  I just know someone here has some ideas that would help me out...I bet you do!

Thanks, Mary 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2008 - 1:43PM #4
Exousia

When my adult son was in ICU trauma center in a coma from a car accident, I repeatedly was almost scorned for my sense of peace. It occured to me that these other people whose loved ones were also in ICU trauma center didn't have the faith that I held onto. I had carried for so long a stone with the word "faith" on it.

I was able to find metal ones with "faith"  "believe"  "pray"  "hope" etc and I passed them out to all existing and incoming family members/loved ones in the waiting room. the whole atmosphere changed from one of doom to one of hope and prayer. I have to say I was a little concerned about offending someone--but more excited about saving someone.

If your group could simply paint on small shiny rocks and share them with patients and loved ones.........what a tray favor that would be---not a worry stone, a prayer stone..small enough to keep with them always. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2008 - 3:49PM #5
maryia

Dear Exousia,

What a nice concept.  

Thanks a million.

I am so sorry that you had to go through the diffuculty of an injured son.  

It is a blessing that you had such a strong faith, and that you were able to share that faith and encouragement.    Thanks.

Mary   oh...I work in an assisted living center, not an assited center. (sorry) 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 8:32PM #6
mammawMary

HI Maryia; I am very new to this community but need information on tray favors.  I have been searching many places for tray favor ideas abd that is how I found this place.  My hat is off to you for all you do.  I belong to a group of women that want to do tray favors for Vets hosp to start with and then maybe our local nursing home.  Could you give me some ideas on some easy favors that can be made in large quantities - many of our group are in their 80's.  Where do you get the ideas?  The county group of women meet on Mon. afternoon and I am to bring in some things they can work on and then take back to their units for their unit to continue to make.  We are not allowed any food or religous mentions but I know God can use anything if his Spirit is ready to work in people.  Thank y ou so much for any help you can give us.

In Christ,

Mary

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 12, 2008 - 9:40PM #7
cat9702
one of the simple ideas my mom does for her womens group is to cut off a levi pocket, both sides, with pinking shears so it doesnt fray. then take some silk flowers a bit of syrofoam to put in side arrange the flowers in it , glue to the inside of the pocket, over with a bit of moss or silk butterlies and some ribbon to hang. you can fill the pockey with a nice smelling sacet before hand to and it makes a cute nice smelling item to hang most anywhere.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2008 - 6:29PM #8
FIRERYLIBRA
my son was born on my grandfathers 82 birthday and my husbands fathers 73 birthday how unusual! in the hospital they did candy corn favors with construction paper made into a small cone wrapped in black lace with a black ribbon to tie it closed they were so much fun
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2008 - 1:48AM #9
cat9702
that sounds kinda fun. what a cute idea
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2008 - 3:56PM #10
dbishop103

maryia, I'd love to see your ideas for tray favors to use with our youth group! I've been looking online, too, and haven't had much luck at all. Any help would be appreciated.  Smile 

Dee

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook