Switch to Forum Live View Trying to find my inner wisdom
6 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2009 - 8:38PM #1
Serenity1552

I am a Buddhist.  Buddha taught that everyone is suffering, and that there is a way, to end the suffering.

Everything he taught was logical, no leap of faith is needed.  He also told his followers only to believe, what they felt was right.

On an intellectual basis, I think, I have a pretty good idea, of what is necessary for enlightenment, or at least a sense of serenity, and inner peace.  On a gut level, I have a long way to go.

I find when I meditate, I have trouble quieting the static of my mind, and getting in touch, with my true self. 

I know that enlightenment has to come from within, but I still find myself,  looking outside of myself, for some sort of magical answer.  I  feel that there  is something that is missing, even though, I know that have everything I need.

I realize, that I know a tiny fraction, of what I don't know, and try to be very open minded.

I am working on self acceptance,using Loving Kindness  meditation.  I remind myself to stay in the moment, and  I am slowly making progress.

While in the end, only I can bring forth, the state of serenity I yearn for, others can be helpful.

I consider myself, to be a very  open person, and I welcome any suggestions. or  advice as to how to let go, and discover the wisdom of my true self

May all beings ,be filled with loving kindness, and free from sufferingSmile

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2009 - 11:50AM #2
angellface

Suffering is a choice we choose to take on rather than let go and let Divine Intelligence handle it it in it's own good time, and in it's already apportioned solution.

Mistakenly believing we are here to save others, we insert ourselves into others lives where we do not belong.  We are here to save and to grow and heal ourselves first.  Then by sharing and praying perhaps we could have an effect on others.

We think we live in reality with our relationships with others yet what we live in is illusions as we project onto others what it is that we think they are or are not and what they are or are not thinking of feeling.

Everything we think we perceive out side of us comes from within us as we create our world by our perceptions or more accurately perhaps our misconceptions.  We have the mistaken perception that what others say to us about ourselves  has to do with us.  It does not.  It is them mirror  imaging their stuff through our energy and not owning it themselves.

There is so much more,  however I want to send you an invitation to a very active DG entitled Sisters of Light and Love where this is being discussed currently.

Namaste and Blessings of compassion.

Angell

Be gentle with yourself and as Gandi said: "Be the change you want to see in others" and I add the world around you will change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2009 - 12:03PM #3
angellface

Serenity,  sorry I can't get you into Sisters of Love and Light as your profile shows you are a male.  Sorry.

Be gentle with yourself and as Gandi said: "Be the change you want to see in others" and I add the world around you will change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2009 - 12:24PM #4
Reach6

Serenity-  I, too, sometimes have trouble quieting myself enough to really meditate.  I find that sometimes the world around me pulls me into its turmoil, like a kind of psychic tornado.  Being human, we all have experiences from our past that carry emotional weight into the present.  In meditation, it is the goal to be fully present.  And, so, the blank page is no longer blank, so to speak.  What usually works for me is to try to calm myself.  I can either spend time in natural places, where the patterns of nature reveal their truths to me, or sometimes, just simple deep-breathing, or soaking in a warm bath with good music playing can do it for me.   There have been times in my life when this was easier too.  I worked, for several years at a job that caused me to be outside a lot of the time.  I could easily meditate at that time.  A few years ago, I was the sole provider for my dying parents, and this was particularly "soul-churning" for me.  It was the daily meditations that kept me on track and making good decisions, but I found that getting to that place of peace was most difficult for me then.  But I also felt that I was progressing on my spiritual journey at a much quicker pace at that time.  It is not easy, but very gratifying to realize another step in the process called life.  Good luck to you.   Leslie

Leslie (Reach 6)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2009 - 3:33PM #5
Serenity1552

Jun 19, 2009 -- 11:50AM, angellface wrote:

Suffering is a choice we choose to take on rather than let go and let Divine Intelligence handle it it in it's own good time, and in it's already apportioned solution.

Mistakenly believing we are here to save others, we insert ourselves into others lives where we do not belong.  We are here to save and to grow and heal ourselves first.  Then by sharing and praying perhaps we could have an effect on others.

We think we live in reality with our relationships with others yet what we live in is illusions as we project onto others what it is that we think they are or are not and what they are or are not thinking of feeling.

Everything we think we perceive out side of us comes from within us as we create our world by our perceptions or more accurately perhaps our misconceptions.  We have the mistaken perception that what others say to us about ourselves  has to do with us.  It does not.  It is them mirror  imaging their stuff through our energy and not owning it themselves.

There is so much more,  however I want to send you an invitation to a very active DG entitled Sisters of Light and Love where this is being discussed currently.

Namaste and Blessings of compassion.

Angell

Thanks for you comments on my post

I agree with everything you say.  

I want more then anything,  to let go, and let Divine Intelligence handle things, but  I hold on to my misery like it's a priceless treasure.

Separating reality from illusion seem like a labor of Hercules

You said We are here to save and to grow and heal ourselves first. I agree, unless we can forgive, and show ourselves compassion, we can not help others

Reality is what you make it.  I hope to make my life a heaven on earth, I know I have the ability to do so

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2009 - 3:46PM #6
Serenity1552

Jun 22, 2009 -- 12:24PM, Reach6 wrote:

Serenity-  I, too, sometimes have trouble quieting myself enough to really meditate.  I find that sometimes the world around me pulls me into its turmoil, like a kind of psychic tornado.  Being human, we all have experiences from our past that carry emotional weight into the present.  In meditation, it is the goal to be fully present.  And, so, the blank page is no longer blank, so to speak.  What usually works for me is to try to calm myself.  I can either spend time in natural places, where the patterns of nature reveal their truths to me, or sometimes, just simple deep-breathing, or soaking in a warm bath with good music playing can do it for me.   There have been times in my life when this was easier too.  I worked, for several years at a job that caused me to be outside a lot of the time.  I could easily meditate at that time.  A few years ago, I was the sole provider for my dying parents, and this was particularly "soul-churning" for me.  It was the daily meditations that kept me on track and making good decisions, but I found that getting to that place of peace was most difficult for me then.  But I also felt that I was progressing on my spiritual journey at a much quicker pace at that time.  It is not easy, but very gratifying to realize another step in the process called life.  Good luck to you.   Leslie

Thanks for your comments on my post. 

It is hard to escape, the insanity of the world. 

I find myself more serene, in a natural environment.  When you look  at the beauty of nature, you can see a real wisdom.

I was pretty much, the only person to take care of my mom, when she was dying, so I can understand how you felt.

After my mom's death, I got involved on the Death, and Dying forum. I found myself, able to empathize, with others on the forum.

I became aware that I felt a lot of fear about death.  It was then that I decided to seriously work on my spiritual center

Meditation is difficult for me I have a monkey mind.  I have become aware, of aspects of myself, so I guess I am on the right track

May your life be filled with love, peace, and joy

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2009 - 4:34AM #7
holyone30num1

thank you serenity thats great. i too seem like ive got to make everyone happy like at my moms and try to help her and my brotheres and thats hard to do. anyways thanks Cry

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2009 - 10:47PM #8
Catemar

As I was surfing I saw and was intriqued. I have just been listening to Carolyn Myss The Invisble Power ( I think) Anyway she works the chakras and does talks on the different levels of graditude. One upper chakra is the wisdom to remain silent. I thought this was very interesting in that she also talked about suffering and intuitive suffering. This is when you know something must change but it is too fearful or hard in your mind. Then silence is not wise. I try to remain calm and this keeping of silence has been useful for my own growth. Check the book out. It doesn't make you do anything just think about growing into a spiritually healthy human. BTW I like having both yin and yang - male and female perspectives. There is a great need for both mixed and unmixed genders. i enjoy hearing the male perspective just as much as female soul musings.

"What makes the desert beautiful,is that it hides a well somewhere"  The Little Prince
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook