Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Thoughts and a Prayer
7 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2008 - 4:13PM #1
RevDorris

This is part of an e-mail that I received this morning.  I feel it is important so I am passing it on to you.

Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive. There is no cost, just a lot of reward. Make sure you pray, and pray believing God will answer.

May today be all you need it to be. May the peace of God and the freshness of the Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your dreams tonight, and conquer all your fears. May God manifest himself today in ways you have never experienced. May your joys be fulfilled, your dreams be closer, and your prayers be answered. I pray that faith enters a new height for you; I pray that your territory is enlarged. I pray for peace, healing, health, happiness, prosperity, joy, true and undying love for God.

With love,

Rev Dorris

With love,

Rev Dorris
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2008 - 7:13PM #2
angellface
So be it.
Be gentle with yourself and as Gandi said: "Be the change you want to see in others" and I add the world around you will change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 9:10AM #3
spiritalk

Some say:  Prayer is our petition to God.  Meditation is when listen for answers to our prayers.

God bless, J 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 3:42PM #4
angellface

My experience is that our answers to prayers often go unnoticed because of their subtlety. Or we do not like the answer we are given.  Because we have expectation to receive the answer for exactly what we want how we want.  Often we are given answers which are for our ultimate highest good which are "character development lessons."

Abundant blessings to all of us. 

Be gentle with yourself and as Gandi said: "Be the change you want to see in others" and I add the world around you will change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 05, 2008 - 11:52AM #5
Bricksee

My thoughts and prayers are with Angell and her family this morning as they are preparing to attend the funeral of her sister-in-law, "Sandy,"  this afternoon at 1:00pm.

I learned of this death from a friend.  It is a true tragedy as just days before they had dinner with Sandy and she appeared to be in good health.  The family has taken this very hard. 

Please keep Angell, her husband, children, and the remainder of the family in your hearts and prayers. 

Love, Light and Laughter is the Universal Language, Betty
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 05, 2008 - 8:26PM #6
ArnieBeeGut
Keeping Angell and her family in my thoughts and prayers.  This is such a tragedy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 7:50PM #7
Runningbrook
Angell, Please know that I am thinking about you, and realizing that you are One with Divine Love..for you and your family, always, dee
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 07, 2008 - 9:59PM #8
angellface
Thank you all for your wonderful and heart-felt support.  I am healing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 4:08PM #9
Bricksee

Thoughts tomorrow will be with mothers as families will be gathered together to wish their moms a "Happy Mothers Day."

My thoughts and prayers, however, will be for the family next door to us.  We returned from our usual Friday night out for dinner with friends to find police cars next door.  The couple are older than us, he with many health problems and she has Alzheimer's.  Rescue (911) visits there are frequent.  Knew immediately that he had passed without being told, but didn't find our for sure until this morning.

Apparently while we were gone he had gone into distress (??), his wife had gone outside, up the street looking for help, found someone walking on the street, and just said there was a problem at her home, but then didn't remember where she lived.  They spent some time looking for the right house.  Went inside, found the gentleman and the walker called 911.

These two sons and their families have "essentially" lost both their parents.

Love, Light and Laughter is the Universal Language, Betty
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 8:59PM #10
angellface
they are all certainly in my prayers.  Thanks for telling us Betty.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook