Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
7 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 12:07AM #1
lsbutch

Has anyone ever thought of how life is just like driving our vehicles?  Here we sit behind the wheel and with our senses we choose how we are going to maneuver toward our selected destination.  We have tools at our disposal which we can use to enable us to maneuver our vehicles along the paths we choose to travel toward our destination, and these tools are the same as we use in our life experiences.  They are our basic five senses, as well as our intuition, feeling the energy as it comes toward us.  The use of our focus, concentration, awareness, is a measure of our commitment toward using our tools to arrive safely at our chosen location. 

The level of focus we use while driving determines our level of awareness of what is happening during our experience of driving or living.  Are we defensive drivers or aggressive drivers, speedy drivers or slow drivers, aware drivers or asleep drivers, what are we placing our focus upon while driving, the place we are and what is around us or where we have been or where we wish to be?  Learning to adjust our focus in differing situations is the goal as this allows us to be aware and use the right tool for the situation and use it to the best of our ability.  The same applies to our lives, learning to adjust the level of focus for differing situations enables us to be the best we know how to be, and when we are the best we can be(spoken like an ex-Marine), then there is no guilt, no accidents, and we can freely take responsibility for our words, actions, and thoughts.

When we drive and become distracted ie, our focus drifts to other things, we loose contact with our purpose, and loose our goal, and we are the accident waiting to happen.  So what distractions do we yield to?  Where do these distractions come from and who is responsible for these distractions?   We say we wish to become aware but why do we allow distractions to sway us from our destinations?  Is focusing our attention so difficult that we just give up? 

I would be interested in others visions of how to use our focus in life to attain the goals we set for ourselves.  How do you like the analogy?

Blessings to us all.

Namaste'

Butch

Whatever the question Love is the answer
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 1:02AM #2
angellface

So Excellent a question

Be gentle with yourself and as Gandi said: "Be the change you want to see in others" and I add the world around you will change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 12:00AM #3
lsbutch

Alrighty then, no objections to my ramblings so may I continue?  Take what you wish and leave the rest as the ramblings of a traveler of lifes highway, byway, lowway, etc.

What are we focusing anyway?  Our sense of sight, takes in photons, the energy of light, from the outside world and the eye bends and focuses these photon bundles onto our retina.  The rods, cones, and other sensing never endings within the retina, turn these photon bundles into electrical impulses and send them to our physical brain, where the image is brought forth in the minds eye.  Through repetition, we analize and catigorize these images and we develop words for these images that we "see" within our brains.  The fact is that these images within our brains aren't complete and true representations of the outside world, they are based upon our taught, educated, learned expressions of existence of the phsyical plane.  The eye sensors only response range presently to certain frequency of light, photons  outside their response range is still present but not recognized and reported within the brain.  So is what we see, real or just a partial picture of the real physical world we exist within?

The same scenario can be shown for all our senses, and it is all about using limited sensory abilities to judge the phsyical outer world as our reality.  We have gland within our bodies that the doctors and scientist have no idea what they do, if they do anything.  Well they do something, and have a purpose within our physical bodies, but we just haven't learned how to use them yet.  We humans only use an average of 10% of our brain power, so what is the other 90% for anyway?  Can we say we have stopped evolving and that there is nothing for us to learn any more?  I think not, we are just enfants in the bigger picture of reality, a vertual new kid on the block, and yet we already claim we are the master of the Earth, the dominate creature upon its surface.  Our arrogance over whelms me, and at times I feel so small and insignificant and seek to learn from all creation about who I am and my place within the whole. 

So what are we focusing in life, our own energy?  The flow of Creators energy through us into the existence of all is what we focus, what we attempt to control and become aware of its existence within our lives.  Do we control this energy?  Are we aware of this constant energy flow within our lives, and how to use it?  These are questions I ponder myself, and the more I listen the more I learn.  Ask and it is given, seek and you find, open and enter upon the life you dream exist.  Blessings to us all.

Namaste'

Butch

Whatever the question Love is the answer
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 2:14AM #4
angellface

Hi Butch

I am just so interested in all you have to say on this.  I resonate with your mental energy and you ability to apply everything in your life to what is pertinent to your life's path presently.

I so enjoy doing this within my life also. 

I'd like to ask you to comment on something I almost posted when you first started this thead and stopped myelf by thinking to myself "Hey, people are really going to think I am nutso, so I withheld what I would have posted. 

And  knowing ways of Creator, this is as it was  meant to be simply because I may now be better able to articulate my thoughts or someting else pertinent to me will be mentioned by you or even both.  YEA!

When driving my senses are so  heightened as I watch for so many things simultaneously...

1) what's ahead on the road itself, pot holes or anything which might be appreciated by my car to have to needlessly be jostled

2) surrounding cars beside ahead behind or approaching,

3)street signs,

4)license plates are a favorite of mine...seen many might interesting ones..one which made me chuckle was a red car being driven you a young pretty gal with the plate 1-800-fun......had to wonder what she was looking to attract into her life and if she really was prepared for what might come???  Lots of chuckles I had.

5) in general....all I can while maintaining a safe speed in a well maintained car

6) I just see so much while driving on the road.  I even watch all the front tires of cars on my side as I know if that tire starts to turn towards me I migh just want to slow down a bit as it's probably gonna be visiting my lane soon.

7)always listening to my intuition while driving. If I feel like taking a turn here  for no reason a'tall it always is a plus for me and has actually saved my life big-time also.

Now from what you say bout paying attention and focusing on the driving relative to losing focus on our life's purpose I have to wonder can not a person have many purposes in life? 

I operate a few businesses out of my home, do  my computer stuff, spend time with assisting others with legal or complicated matters I have knowledge of stuff  I just need to contribute to cause it'll be easier for t hem.

Now few days go the way we originally plan it so why should our driving unless it  is pertinent to what we need to do and if we don't keep our eys on lots of stuff what might we miss out on considering we do have to keep our eye on the road basically.

So Butch, what say ye to my ramblings?

Blessings of infinite loveand appreciation.

Angell

nsa.ws or 

i have noticI have 

Be gentle with yourself and as Gandi said: "Be the change you want to see in others" and I add the world around you will change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 1:17PM #5
Runningbrook

What distracts me.....

My fear. It still lives inside of me. I bought the idea of feeling guilt, fear, insecurity and doubt..somewhere along the line. I've paid dearly for it..

Not sure why I feel so close and connected to my fear. It's all wrapped up with all my emotions. Turning from it, to drive into the sunset...well, that's why I'm here...to allow myself to take those gradual turns..

Always, dee

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 5:23PM #6
Bricksee

Butch,

Thank you for clearly and beautifully stating what we all need to hear.  I'm just a little late to the gate at Belmont and running very slow.

Going to ask the 'Group's' indulgence here a little as I no longer can drive on freeways and the like -- likely to make a wrong turn even a mile from my house on a two-lane road for goodness sakes (please don't laugh--I've done it!!).

Have to pick this up later folks, bit of a problem at the moment.

Love, Light and Laughter is the Universal Language, Betty
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 5:50PM #7
dovemom

Butch I liked your analogy.

Runningbrook, I hold on to those same things and I want to let it all go.

A lot to absorb, and I am going to think on these questions :) 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 6:34PM #8
angellface

Betty,

I turn the incorrect way at the the bottom of the hill for pities sake.

I am so late getting out of the gate at Belmont stakes, I think I already ran the race and am waiting for the next one. (So we laugh together  Laughing)

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 7:22PM #9
sunnyjill
Oh yeh,  Love the kind of information processing model of discussing how we bring in and process incoming sensory data!  Very cool and well written, Butch.   Here is my bizarre connection to the world, I have had a lot, seriously a lot of accidents...I have hit 2 deer, a deer has hit me, I hit a bear, I've rolled my vehicle twice, put it in the ditch a couple times (of course we get tons of snow so it may be more than the usual...but these were in the last maybe seven years, many more before that and when I'm driving i frequently see deer, foxes, even eagles and while I do live in a less populated area, no one else is bringing on crazy attraction draw that I have in the past.  Now I am paying attention, not just to the goings on in and around the car but also towards the woods, etc.... It may all sound crazy but it is kind of hard to explain away all the encounters I've had in my vehicle, ironically none of them have included other vehicle!  So in comparing life to driving (which I love to do, especially in the snow!) I have been putting some effort into having intentional focus in my life and knock on wood, but it has been maybe 16 months since my last accident (the bear) and I have really been paying attention to life and driving.  Jill
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2008 - 7:24PM #10
sunnyjill
And (again knock on wood) I've never been hurt in an accident!  I think it's my "white light of protection".  That part I'm serious about, well actually the never getting hurt part too.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook