If You Can't Release the Past

Today
I take all my unhappy memories out of my body and place them in a
basket.

My pain, my anger, and my resentments are placed in this
basket.

I have an angel that takes this basket of unhappiness from my
hands and flies to the outer reaches of the universe and transforms it
into loving energy that will revisit me later today.

I forgive those
around me and ask for divine assistance to hold me in a state of
continual forgiveness.

*taken fromelsewhere on B'Net.*

Be gentle with yourself and as Gandi said: "Be the change you want to see in others" and I add the world around you will change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2008 - 9:07AM #2
Salminor

I agree Angell,

But let me ask you, "Isn't it important to remember the past, so that we will know where we are coming from, and where we might be going?

Please share

Angel Blessings

Innocent

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2008 - 10:56AM #3
dovemom

I am trying to figure that out too, although with you sal I think you know the answer :) But, I am trying to let go of the negtive past circumstances (financial decisions)and all of that negative self talk that comes along with it, and retrain myself so that my future can be positive.

Now, when I think of the past and 'what not to do', I also have negative emotions that correspond with that. So, do I just move on knowing that I need to think successfully and think of myself as a wonderfully successful person and not let myself 'go-there'? Because in actuality, I believe the lesson is ingrained in my psychi now so perhaps revisiting my mistakes is not necessary. Hmmm.

Glad I have friends here who are better students of this stuff I am just learning.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2008 - 11:05AM #4
Salminor

I agree fully with the release of negative energies and fear Pam.

But I also subscribe to the notion that we have to remember history or we will make the same mistakes over an over again.

Sometimes I remember a past mistake and still do it again

So what parts of the past do we retain and which do we forget?

An interesting topic to be sure

Angel Blessings

Cool

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2008 - 1:38PM #5
dovemom

You know Sal you're helping me figure this out :)

I think it is important to remember what went wrong and why so that we can prevent them from occurring again. Whether it be a situation where a business failed....or a break down in a relationship or personal financial collaps. Everything can be analyzed and we can make the changes to prevent the same kind of thing from happening again. Maybe we just should forget the things that tie us to the negative like fear, anger, emotions that corresponded to the problem. But remember the behavior that lead us to the problem.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2008 - 5:13PM #6
RevDorris

Once I was asked if there was anything in my past that I regretted.   My answer was NO.

I have to admit that I was not an angel, but the past experiences formed and made me who I am today.  Although some of the experiences were not so nice, I learned from them, modified my views and moved on.

In a way each day is a new beginning.  Each day we awaken we have a new purpose or something new to learn.  Each day that we dwell on a past experience, not learning something new from it, is a day of overlooking new opportunities.  Each day that we only focus on future potential events, is a day that we spent overlooking the new paths that are opening for us today.

With love,

Rev Dorris

With love,

Rev Dorris
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 4:03PM #7
angellface

Patrick

As usual, thought* full* question.

We can release the past however this does not  mean we cannot take with us it's wisdom for future use.  Hey we paid highly for some of it for whatever reason(s)

May as well use it and pay it forward and honor our beingness.

As Rev. Doris stated for himself (Hi Rev.) I also do not regret anything that ever happened to me as without it I could not be who I am. 

Without the childhood denigrations or the marriage tribulations, I would not now have the info of the workings of the psych I now have from which to share from my compassionate heart.

I remember the saying "Release the past in the present to create the future in the now"

Angell.

Be gentle with yourself and as Gandi said: "Be the change you want to see in others" and I add the world around you will change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 12:43AM #8
lsbutch

Hello all, great topic, releasing the past, but what part of the past do we release?  We would not be here today if it wasn't for the past experiences that brought us here, and what did we learn from the past is important to ask as well.  We do not forget the past, but we can forgive ourselves for being human and making mistakes along the way.  The negative energy which we carry along with us does not lift us up, but does drag us down.  Our pain, some enjoy wearing it like a badge of honor, but what did we learn and why do we need the pain to keep learning the same lesson?  I found the answer for myself was I built walls to make myself feel secure, but this was my illusion, not reality.  As long as I kept the walls up, the illusion remained but so did the pain and until I could forgive myself for making a mistake and stopped blaming outside influences for the cause of my pain, I could not begin tearing down the walls, destorying the illusions of security. 

Did that make any sense to you?  From my perspective, it was not beneficial to my being to carry along the past negative energy, but I did and do try to learn the lessons about who I am, and how I feel about life, and self, and Creator.  It is this relationship between self and Creator that determines how I think and feel about my existence in this plane of awareness.  When I could view myself as One with Creator and all existence, life became much more fulfilling and joyful, and Loving, within and without.  So we live, we learn and we change, grow, and find Self within and without. 

Blessings to us all.

Namaste'

Butch

Whatever the question Love is the answer
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 8:21AM #9
Salminor

Hi Butch, Rev, Pam and all

I must admit, I can not honestly say that I do not have regrets.

There are times in my life where I feel that I could have handled things a little better. And I regret that I did not follow a path that would have made things easier for everyone.

I regret too losing my two brothers to horrible deaths, and not being the son that my father wanted me to be.

Yes, I can forgive myself, and I can release the fear and negativity associated with almost everything I have been through in my life; but can I honestly sit back and say, "I have absolutely no regrets over anything that has happened in my life?"

In truth, the answer is, "No"

I do not allow these regrets to overwhelm me or control my actions in the present, but they still exist

Angel Blessings

Cool

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 9:46AM #10
spiritalk

Each experience is a lesson.  Perhaps the letting go is for the pain of the journey - when we struggle against change there is always pain.  The secret is....release the pain, keep the lesson's message.  That is called experience!

God bless, J

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook