I have a friend who is attracted to "Broken Women" and expects them to be something other than what they are. Honey, that takes work! That takes working on yourself and not expecting others to co-sign your your behavior.
1. I am responsible for me! I am where I am because of me. It ain't my Mama, Daddy, Sister, Brother or other peoples fault.
2. Stop playing the VICTIM. When you know better you do better. "Your Not a Victim your a Volunteer."
3. Stop digging in trash cans looking for relationships!
4. Women every has baggage get a Man who is willing to help you unpack.
5. And definitely don't get one who says "Your Not On His Level." That sounds like a
superiority complex and he has no confidence in your potential. So he's OUT!
6. DON'T GO WHERE THE LOVE AIN'T GO WHERE THE LOVE IS!
7. And if he's talking about you being in his circle "RUN" cause bottom line what he is saying is that he wants to just try you on for size. Honey, this is not a one size fits ALL.
8. What he is saying is that he has not fully developed to handle a one on one relationship. "He has LOW SELF ESTEEM." I don't care how many accomplishments he has attained. Low self esteem can be manifested in various ways...
You can think to little of yourself or you can think to highly of yourself (EGO) but what matters is it is not what he thinks of himself it is how much do you value yourself.
I have never been in impressed by cars, houses, boats or how much money you have!
I am impressed by how I am treated. I can tell you hundreds of stories about my friends who were millionaires. Some of them still have their wealth while others are now working at a well known car rental company as a manager.
So don't be fooled by the hype!
Than their are those who have contempt prior to investigation! Which breeds ignorance. The saying is "Nothing breeds ignorance like contempt prior to investigation."
Example: I had a friend who talked about me not working and said that I was lazy, etc. He never asked why? "Why aren't you working?" He didn't know that I wasn't working because my doctor took me off work for medical reasons. I fell down a flight of cement steps and landed on a cement slap during a power outage at work. I then incurred several slipped discs in my neck and back.
Thank God, for only having slipped disc and other problems I could have broken my neck.
Either way he harped on that over and over again. I just thought to myself since you never thought it was important to ask why I am not working it isn't important that I tell you why.
If I am not important enough for you to sit down and find out who I am it is not important to me to tell you.
Stop! Putting me in a box. A box that your little mind has organized me in and definitely don't think you know me and you have never talked to me.
This ain't no chess game baby this is life! And life has some surprise moves!
Oh1 I am sorry! I got personal!
O.K., I am back!
Women their is a book that I think all of us should read it's called "Man Who Hate Women and The Women Who Love Them" by Dr. Susan Forward. It's excellent reading.
I think that Men are the most awesome creatures that God and so are Women but when your with one who does not know your value your in the wrong hands.
Because Men who do not know your value misuse you and Misuse is Abuse in the eyes of God.
Anything that is Abuse is not valued cause the person holding the object doesn't know what to do with it! That person doesn't know because it has never been taught!
It doesn't mean that he is not a good person it may just mean that you have to spend some time teaching him who you are and who you are not and how you like to be treated and vice versa.
And if he is not willing to participate "Usta!" God probably has someone 10X better!