Page 4 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Share Your Godwink Stories: General Stories
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 8:00AM #31
peanutsnana

I had a Godwink on April 1, 2007.  As I told my husband goodbye (I was driving six hours to Tennesse and he was flying down the next day to pick me up), I had the strongest, strangest feeling that I would never see him again.  All I could think of that perhaps I was going to be in a traffic accident.  This was a new feeling for me but in the blink of an eye, I went with it and hugged my husband, kissed him heartily, and told him how very much I loved him. 

I made it safely to Tn. but the next day, April 2, 2007, my dear husband was killed in a plane crash on his way to Tn. to pick me up.  I will always thank God that my final time with him was in  letting him know how much he meant to me and how much I cared. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 2:35PM #32
Soulprint

The "Angel" Double God Wink

On April 15, 1999 my ex husband and I attended a charity auction where door prizes were given away as part of the event.  I have always considered myself very lucky and usually win at such events
but today was a special day...The fifth anniversary of my Grandmother's death. Her early demise was a great tragedy in our family and left many open holes in our hearts... But I was not in anyway prepared for what came about.

I remember telling my ex that it would be a very lucky evening for me that it was the anniversary of my grandmother's death and she was my guardian angel.  He rolled his eyes as we went inside to sit through dinner. Names were called all evening and I waited and waited. Finally they announced the last prize winners name.

I was shocked to discover that my name had been drawn for a large angel statue..holding a baby.  I had lost my son some years ago and this was a confirmation to me that yes my grandmother was not only watching over me but also watching over my son and it now sits in a cherished spot of my Curio Cabinet as a reminder.

The rest of the story....

A few years later I went back to the old home place where my grandmother lived in South Carolina. Due to a division of my grandmothers estate when she died the cherished beach home that we stayed at every summer was sold ...and all vacations taken to South Carolina after that were usually spent at my
mothers or a condo..Several miles from my grandmother's beach home.

For some reason that morning I had decided that I wanted my twin sons to see the spot of beach that I played in as a child...the area right across the road from my grandmother's house. As I sat in the sun I reflected on the fact that my grandmother never got to meet the twins and how much she would have loved being a part of their lives.

I noticed the boys were playing with another child building sand castles and that there seemed to be a mother sitting above...watching but looking very sad. I mentioned to the mother that the boys were having a great time and asked if she was on vacation.. She slightly smiled at the mention of the boys
but started to cry at the mention of the vacation.  I asked her if she was alright and she softly said that it was not really a vacation for her.  She said that she was visiting from Texas and she would have to put her mother in a nursing home as she had alzheimers and she was really struggling with doing so.

What I did not mention in the previous story of my first god wink is that my grandmother had alzheimers.  She lived in South Carolina and we in Ohio..Decisions were made that made us all reflect if we had made the right ones.And it was something that haunted me as well before I received my angel.

I said that I knew what pain she was going through ..that I had a similar situation with my grandmother..and decisions made revolving a loved one like that were very painful and
made one wonder if they were making the right decision. I told her a little history regarding my grandmother's life ..how she was a very smart beautiful business woman who had built a business all alone while her husband was overseas..to have her memories all taken from her with alzheimers. I also talked to her about the pain that we had making decisions with her as well when it was time to do so.

I do believe though,I said, that God has a way of letting us know that things are alright,that we are all where we should be in life in the time period that we are suppose to be in. And that in the end loved ones know that we love them and understand the decisions that are made are difficult for us but
are done out of love. She said she wish that she had some sort of confirmation of that as tears streamed down her face.

I then asked her if I could tell her a personal story of mine..that to me was a confirmation that we had made the right decision..and that my grandmother was watching over me and she slowly nodded
yes. I told her the story of the angel,and how I felt it was a confirmation that the everything was alright..that she understood and not only was she ok but that she was also watching over me and taking care of my son that I had lost some years before.

The woman starting crying harder and reached out to hug me..She said that she felt that god had pulled her to this exact spot on the beach to hear my story..and thank me through the tears. That day she had no desire to sit in the sun but felt that it was something that her son would enjoy. The same time I was
pulled back home to share a spot in the sand with my twins reflecting on the loss of my grandmother. Two women who never even exchanged names brought together by one point~  deep love and sense of making wrong decisions regarding loved ones.

No one but God could have led to the events that happened. And I never cease to wonder at the blessing of the angel "double" god's wink...

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 2:51PM #33
Fibrofightier

My name is Laci I am 26 years old and on Sat April 25,2009 I experienced a God Wink that blew me away.  On that day I walked to this convention center called the Blaisdalle in Honolulu that was about a 30 min walk from my house.  I forgot to bring an extra dollar so I would have the 3.00 amount to get into the product show that was being taken place at the convention center.  I was walking up to the ATM to take money out when this lady approached me in a motor operated chair and said that her friend wasn't able to come and asked me if I would like a special complimentary ticket and all I would have to do is go out to the ticket window and get my ticket. I was so grateful to her for doing that and as I was waiting in line with her I said "well hey since your friend didn't show up...I am also here alone since my boyfriend has to work all day". She told me her name was Belinda. I asked her if she would like to walk around with me and we would keep each other company.  She seemed very happy about that and I was happy about that she said yes.  She was explaining to me that she has MS and that's why she was in the motor chair.  That's when I told her that I have had Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 6 years now and MS is in the same category as Fibromyalgia.  We talked about all the challenges we went through and how we first knew that we had they incurable diseases.  We talked for an hour or two even before we made it into the show and I just felt instantly this bond with this lady.  We went into the show and there were booths everywhere.  Belinda decided that we should walk around the outside of the lines of booths and than work our way in I just followed her lead.  We walked around and stopped at every booth just soaking everything in and we talked to many people at many of the booths and they were so aware of MS and Fibro in a place that you wouldn't think you would find that and showed us ways of how they could help us.  It was so nice to know they're people to find it that really care about what your going through and it was so nice to be able to help Belinda with her bags and she let me but my heavy bag on the back of her chair. By her letting me do that she was also helping me a lot taking that pain off my back  It was so great to just see Belinda happy and smile.  .  The 6 hours that we spent with each other was God sending us to meet each other and have that time together we both believed that.  When we both when our separate ways we exchanged numbers and promised to see each other soon.  Everything happens for a reason and meeting Belinda that day was such a God Wink and God looking down on us.  God is so good!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 6:32PM #34
Molleedag715

Ok, I have had several Godwinks happen to me over the course of my life; I'm 49.  But the most recent one occured today. 

I have been a freelance writer for the last 20 years or more.  Usually I am doing ghost writing for others or promotional writing for non-profits, but did managed to be published as a book author with a collection of poetry and prose. About 6 years ago,a gentleman with whom I'd been friends for a long while stopped by and exclaimed "I finally opened my eyes after I bought your book and read the poetry.  I want to be loved like that. I want to experience someone loving me like you write about."  We began dating.  After about 3 months, it was Christmas time and he decided since I had opened him up to a whole new world in terms of love and compassion, kindness and respect that he wanted to treat me to gifts that show how much he valued me.   One of the presents was a book called, "The Christmas Box Miracle".  It was about a writer.. and his success when he finally penned and was able to market/sell the story, "the Christmas Box".   In the front leaf of the book the gentleman penned a note to me about having confidence in my writing that I need to continue it and not stop .. that he wanted to see to it that I had my own Christmas Box Miracle.   He also gave me a CD with about 20 songs on it.. with the first one being "the way you look tonight".  He said it would always make him smile.. the memory of seeing me open all the little trinket gifts he gave me.; the way I looked etc.. and it became our song.  About 15 months later, he passed away from brain and lung cancer that had gone undetected for months (which explained his moodiness and lapse in memory at times).  Taking my self back to college, after Ed's death however seemed for me to be the way to go and I put down my pen and started back in at school. 

Three days ago, I began saying prayers about what do .. I felt lost in college.. not one path I took seemed to be the right fit.  I bent my head over my computer and almost sobbed asking Heaven.. what should I do.. how do i pursue my dream of opening a restaurant.. of getting the funds etc..    This morning, I had a very strong urge to sit down and begin writing.   From time to time I had been working on a book composed entirely of love letters and I have been using poetry from my published book as inspiration, when I was feeling like I had a block. 

Today as I sat down at the computer to write i turned on the computer radio and about 5 minutes into writing I turned the page of my book and began to read one of the poems; Ed's favorite. Just as I began to read it again, "the way you look tonight" came on the radio.  It was as if Ed was right beside me saying ... WRITE!!  :) And quite frankly it sure felt like he was.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 7:59PM #35
Squirerushnell

MOLLEEDAG...

I LOVE WHEN THOSE GODWINKS HAPPEN, DON'T YOU? A SONG COMES OVER THE RADIO OR INTO YOUR CONCIOUSNESS, AT JUST THE RIGHT MOMENT.

BUT YOUR GODWINK...ED' FAVORITE...SAME AS YOUR SPECIAL SONG...WELL, THAT'S VERY SPECIAL. THANKS FOR SHARING.

WISHES AND WINKS

THE GODWINK GUY

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 06, 2009 - 2:02PM #36
Chellehoff

One night in December 2007, I had just returned home from a girlfriend's house when a dog showed up in my driveway. He had no tags but he was clean and fat and very well-mannered. We tried for a month to find his owners but no one claimed him. So, we named him Roscoe and he was now very much a part of our family. We already had a dog, a yellow lab named Triton, who, at this time was 11 years old. Being a lab, he was extremely friendly (overly at times) and very active but, obviously, because of his age, had slowed down quite a bit. Well, on April 28, 2009, Triton went to be with God and all his buddies who had also passed away. It was in that moment that I realized our Godwink. God had sent Roscoe to us knowing that Triton's time with us was coming to a end. God knew our hearts would be sad and our house empty when our boy passed on and He sent us this little dog to help us through the transition. Every day spent with Triton, although aggravating at times, was an absolute blessing. Because of God's love for us, brought us another blessing in Roscoe.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 06, 2009 - 4:10PM #37
Agmiller

I've had numerous God winks throughout my life but one in particular was truly stunning.  Several years ago my wife and I were involved in a ministry that required total trust for absolutely everything.  Though I was offered secular employment, God let me know that my mission was His mission, so for the next 8 months we trusted Him totally.  During that time we learned He would respond to the desires of our hearts if we put our delight in Him.  One night my wife and I were talking about what we we love to have.  I said, "Bartlett pares" and she replied, "Alaskan King Crab legs".  The next morning two young ladies walked into my office.  One had a plastic bag she said needed to be refrigerated.  Later the three of us walked into the parking lot where the second lady opened the back of her station wagon and gave me a case of "Bartlett pares"!  You guessed it, in the plastic bag I found 10 lbs. of Alaskan King Crab legs!  What are the chances of those two things being anything else but a God wink!  Along the way we've had similar God winks to remind us He values us more than sparrows!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 06, 2009 - 10:11PM #38
Squirerushnell

Godwinks provide comfort in whatever way you need them to. So, whether it's through bartlett pears and crab legs or a new pet to help you mourn the loss of an old one, they are God's way of providing clarity and reassurance that you're on the right path. Thanks for sharing!  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 08, 2009 - 1:31AM #39
Danaans

I was little and was at a lake with my parents. I loved the water and pretended all the time that I was a pirate and diving for treasure.  I would dive down and scoop up handfuls, most times of broken shells and sand, but on my second dive down I spied something glimmering in the distance.  Interested, I swam over to it and pulled it from the rock it was caught on. It was a locket and when it opened, it was engraved with a ladies name, date and address.  I ran to the blanket and handed my mother my newly acquired booty. My mother remarked why how lovely, we should return it to the person since it’s engraved.  I nodded and being a kid ran back to the lake to continue my search.  My mother smiled and waved, and dropped the locket into her beach bag.  Weeks passed and my mother came upon the locket again when she was putting the beach bag away for the summer.  She took out a pen and paper from her desk and addressed a letter to the lady whose locket I had precociously pulled from the lake.  She smiled she told me as she mailed it, feeling that she had done a good job, the woman would be really glad to have this piece of jewelry back.   Many weeks passed and then one crisp winter day my mother received a letter in the mail.  The letter was from the daughter of the woman whose locket my mother had returned. She told my mother in the letter that her mother had passed away quite suddenly recently and she was so distraught, she cried and asked her mother to give her a sign that she was ok.   The letter went on to say that she was surprised one afternoon by a strange man who identified himself as the postman that delivered mail to her mother’s old house in another town.  This was startling to her as her mother had moved from this old address years before, and her daughter hadn’t lived in the family home for years, having gotten married and moving two towns away.  But someone knew someone, who knew someone, who found out where to deliver the letter to the daughter. The locket apparently was lost many years ago when her mother and father were vacationing.  Who knows on that day how many people were special angels in passing this letter to its final destination. The woman’s daughter finished by writing her heartfelt thanks to a little 9 year old who was just diving for treasure.   Her last line in the letter stated that it was at her lowest point in her life when she missed her mother the most that the knock came at her door with the letter and locket.  A gift from beyond that proves *god winks* when you need it the most.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 11, 2009 - 9:34AM #40
Holy Blaze

Below is a testamony that I shared with some who ministers to many... 

Right now I do what I can to only bless God as a care giver/companion for all ages, & the mentally challenged, because there is such a great need to help with one's quality of life, so I know this is of worth to our Father, so I try to remember this when I debate before Him the concern of provisions for us, & tithing. I used to have a bit of a higher paying job as a Senior Financial advisor until the college loan funding industry crashed following a signed bill from Congress at the end of 2007. I held that position from 2002, & before that I advanced to a primary dental assistant until the effects of a 2 impact car crash couldn't be ignored...my body thanked me for leaving that field! (am thankful for the experience though) God knew of my desire for change, when I was in the corporate field...but probably like most, this didn't happened after I was prepared. Before I resigned our Lord was using me to minister to others, in the field who expected fairness & answers they & we all needed, especially when it came to security...you know that 1 pay check. I couldn't believe some even cried on my shoulder...I thought to myself why was God using me? I then thought He knew, so that's what counted. While this was going on, I had to follow my own words of shared faith...1st to be thankful for our blessings that we do have...that "fair" isn't in the bible...nothing could measure to what Jesus endured, & how can any body expect some thing good or fair out of something that has a main content of greed & deceit? It was time for me to take the leap of faith that I knew God was desiring for me, because really needing to let go of the wrong hand & take hold of the hand that is always reaching out, or really the hand that has been holding, & will always, to do this.

I was determined to do this right after I returned from what was the best weekend of my life...the 72 hour weekend that I'm referring to is "Walk to Emmaus"...for the very young it's called the Chrysalis...which is perfect...because your "4 th day" is truly a New Beginning for me/you & Jesus! I do have to tell you I did feel like it was a mountain top experience, & will always cherish that time because it remains in my heart & on my walk! My aim was to make it about nothing but about Jesus & me...I knew there was a chance of this because the ride on the way began with my daily devotional, (My Utmost for His Highest by Charles Oswald that I began in 07) that had Luke 24 on the top of the page, so as I was reading the chapter to some of my family in Christ, it was realized that the chapter was on the Walk to Emmaus!(what a God Wink, huh?) My emotions that the Dark One tries to use & the echo of leaving my beautiful blessing, my 3 year young son(at the time), a needed move to a new home, a vengeful court case challenge & very needed money to change custody arrangement for my son & his well being, the on going pain of missing my 1st son who I haven't seen in years, my income/job...just terrible obstacles that I was seeking Christian counseling for...all needed to be & as I knew God was telling me, left in His Gi~normrous Hands, which made me laugh & cry at the same time because He heard enough about me...because I believe that it was Him telling me it was time I let Him talk & listened to what He needed from me when He pointed out the Emmaus scripture as we continued the ride there! It was complete genuine fellowship too. Our Holy Spirit revealed to me that weekend, my life really needed some alignment in order to do God's will, that I needed to focus on God for this, & that my priorities definitely weren't the way they needed to be...before it was mom>work>faith, or at times work>mom> faith & I figured the order our Lord needs me to have for Him is FAITH, to be His follower, a witness, a Mother, that He needs me to be for Colton, & hopefully for my son, Bryant who I will I remain prayful & hopeful about, for His Purpose, then to always trust & obey while on His path for service/work, a possible relationship with a man of faith...really every thing because Jesus is our endless power source supply, & to do this it's going to take asking for the sufficient faith, hope, trust, belief it takes, the fruit, & equipping myself with His Armor. By carving out the time for our Lord in my schedule, reading & listening to His Word, devotionals, & now I have added your God Winks, serving, singing, praising & worshipping, I know I'm doing what I can to be active in pursuing His Will that He's laying out for me/us. In our church Rev. Pestel  witnessed a skit about taking Jesus out only when He's needed...it was powerful! That message I use as a reminder, & it does successfully minister! We don't have to do that because He's right with us always where ever & right where we are. I know I need to remember to take myself out of the factor when I share & show faith, to only rely on Jesus & our Holy Spirit's guidance, to always be in love with Him, & that I want to continue to be grateful. I'm not sure why I felt compelled to write out my testamony... but it did feel right, & hopefully it blesses. 

I just want you to know your servanthood, messages, & spiritual support that you render is blessed, important, & matters!!! You can't help but know of the genuine Hope that He instills for His Promises... 

My specific prayer is that it's God's will to end the depleting, detrimental 50/50 custody arrangement effects, & to do this without thousands of more dollars, but by His Works, to have reliable employment/income with a schedule that Colton needs me to have, & 1 that allows me to begin studies, so one day I can finally be the Christian counselor that I'm praying that it His Will that He wants me to be. I feel so far, He has been blessing my steps for this. My aim is to begin this fall...of course Godfully! It's going to take a"River" to go around, through, & over the obstacles I'm facing, & like Dr. Farmer said, many of these obstacles I don't even look for, but I'm hoping to keep rolling with it!

In Christ's Service,

Jackie S.<>< (Largo, FL.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook