Page 2 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Share Your Godwink Stories: General Stories
5 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2009 - 7:33AM #11
pattieanne51

Just loved all the Godwink stories and I am throughly going to enjoy being a part of this group.Thank you my Lord for finding such a wonderful writer has SQuire Rushnell. He is a great inspiration to me.

Blessings to all here,

pattieanne51

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2009 - 4:12PM #12
Rev. Laurie Sue

Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2009 - 6:42PM #13
Theroyalchef

I thought the God Wink really interesting when I heard about it and it got me thinking. I remember standing for hours on the mall outside Buckingham Palace waiting for a glimpse of Princess Diana at her wedding. I was in love with her, the whole world was in love with her and I desperately wanted to see her in person.

At the time I was a chef at a 5 star hotel in London and happy in my position. But standing on the mall waiting for the royal procession I had this sudden thought come into my mind. " I want to be a chef at Buckingham Palace"  Now where did that come from ?  When I got home that evening I wrote to the palace for a job and within a few weeks got accepted.

Not long after I met Princess Diana for the first time and was amazed at her beauty. I became a familiar face to her in the royal kitchens and when she seperated from Prince Charles (some 11 years later) requested I move to Kensington Palace to become her chef. I was with her for four years as her personal chef up until the day of the tragic accident.

Takling to Princess Diana every day about her charity work inspired me. So much so that after her death I moved to Dallas, Texas and have so far helped raise over 2 million dollars for charities. Including writing a book called Eating Royally - recipes and remembrances of a palace kitchen. I donated all of my advance and royalties to two of the princess's favorite charitable goals  - because it was the "right thing to do"  I now do charity events around the country through my website www.theroyalchef.com  and believe none of this could have happened if one day God hadn't winked.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2009 - 10:00AM #14
pattieanne51

Thank you theroyalchef for sharing that very beautiful story definately a godwink.

Blessings,

pattieanne51

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 9:45AM #15
Jcasta

Thank God for Godwinks!  My Godwink came right after my youngest brother died unexpectantly.  When my brother died, I felt as though part of me died along with him.  It was a very difficult time for our family and the only thing that got us through was our faith in God.  We knew my brother believed in God and that he was with our Heavenly Father. 

My husband, daughter and I had just returned from my brother's funeral, which was 12 hours away, and we were emotionally and physically exhausted.  My husband had to stop by Sherwin Williams paint store and as we pulled into the parking lot, the Tim McGraw song we played at my brother's graveside was playing on the radio.  Of course, the tears streamed down my face and I wanted to listen to the rest of the song and compose myself before entering the store.  I told my husband and daughter to go ahead and I would join them momentarily.  After the song ended, I remember looking up at the sky and asking God for comfort.  Basically, I asked for reassurance that my brother was O.K. and that he was with our Heavenly Father.  After composing myself, I began to walk to the front door of Sherwin-Williams where I was greeted by an older gentleman who held open the door for me.  I said thank you and he smiled and replied, "62".  He didn't say another word.  This reply took me by total surprise.  You see, my brother loved football and, in fact, we buried him in one of his football jerseys, number "64".  However, in high school, he had two football jerseys:  "64" and "62", and I always remembered his number "62".   As soon as we returned to the car, I explained what had occurred to my husband and daughter.  My husband asked me if I was sure my brother's football number was "62".  Well, I immediately called my parents and told them what had happened and they confirmed that my brother had wore the "62" jersey as a freshman and sophmore in High School.  God answered my prayer.  God is soooooo Good!!!!   

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 11:14AM #16
Lizee143

I just finished watching Squire on Good Morning America and was thrilled to hear of GODWINKS!  I've been blessed to have experienced many Godwinks in my life....more so in the past 3 years!  My lastest Godwink ocurred yesterday!

I am a speech therapist who services children with various disorders.  At the close of my day, I had one more patient to see.  He is a 5 year old with Downs Syndrome.  Now, most of the time I work side by side with an occupational therapist, thus cutting his service time in half.  Well, yesterday, the OT dept. was out....it was just me and my kiddo.  The day was already dragging and everything was getting on my nerves.

My patient walks in and  immediately begins to throw a fit.  He's tossing blocks at me, spilling over paint, ripping pages from books and laughing all the while!  I was feeling my blood beginning to boil!  But right before I could blow up...I felt a calm come over me and I heard "SING, MY CHILD, SING."   I began humming a prayer I had learned two months ago.  Within seconds, my patient gently placed the block he was holding on the table and sat in my lap.  As I continued, he positioned himself like a baby and starred at me in awe.  We spent the last 10 minutes of our session in "prayer."  As I walked him to the waiting room, he stopped, starred at me again and raised his arms for a hug.  

I know God holds a special place in his heart for those with disabilities.  I feel so blessed to have been able to see first hand, the comforting power of God!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 1:03PM #17
Cleza2

I was busy on the computer, and for some reason I turned to the TV...and G-d winked at me...

I always could identify with J0B...and it always made my faith stronger.

I recently returned to college to get art degrees (another G-d story), and lost my granddaughter when her mother remarried...it was hard but my granddaughter continued to inspire all my work....my writing and art was and continues to be as prolific as my sadness...G-d's hand....

For 40 years I searched for my family...just before losing my granddaughter, Zoe' I found my mothers side of the family and my Aunt and I have become very close, while I was in working towards my degrees...she always seemed to call me at the exact moment when I was the lowest...like she knew from thousands of miles away...G-d's hand...

As graduation came closer, I tried once again to find my fathers family...in memory of my other grandmother I wrote a story called, "Lost and Found", and in doing research found a person who connected me with a phone number to try....it was them...G-d's hand...   

I have lost what is closest to me my granddaughter, but was given that which was dearest and farthest away from me to fill the the pain of her loss...G-d's hand.....

I will graduate in May, with the blessings of the families lost now found....But I KNOW, by this act, I will be reunited with my Zoe', if only by what I have been led to do to let her know how much I love and miss her by writing my books and via the internet, my Facebook page, and by G-d's hand this site......G-d's hand...

Thank you for allowing me a place to say thank you publicly for those acts spiritually given....by   G-d's hand....

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 1:36PM #18
Gerryincanada

I've always known these to be "Godincidences" because they have happened throughout my life since commiting my life to God at the age of 16.

What I would call an "Ongoing Godwink" occurred this past Monday.

I am an Information Technology consultant who changes employers regularly as employment contracts come to an end.  This past week I began working at a government ministry here in Canada.  On my first day at my new job, I was ushered in to meet the Director of the department.  He quickly informed me that my new project would involve supporing legal enforcement of drunk driving offenders.  I smiled and told him that I was thrilled to be working on such as project as my only sister was killed at the age of 14 by a drunk driver in 1984 and I have often sought ways to prevent such tragedies from happening to others.  Now I could do it with my work!

When my sister passed away, my entire family was devastated that something so tragic could happen to someone so young.  The night before my sister died, she and I had a terrible argument.  She and I were constantly fighting mostly because I had taken over the parental role as "Dad" in our dysfunctional family.  My sister had grown more and more rebellious due to absent parents and a subsequent marriage split.  I have been a devoted Christian since the age of 16 and my sister was the only member of the family that I talk to openly about my faith.  Knowing that our last interaction before she died was so negative left me heart-broken and resentful.

The day my sister died, I wept uncontrollably and kept asking God why He had let this happen.  More that anything I needed to know that my sister was with Him so that I could have peace in my heart - not just concerning her but also concerning the anger I had displayed towards her just before she died.

My sister's favorite colour was light blue.  So I asked God to please give me a sign using her favorite colour. 

The night she died, I was standing outside of my favorite aunt's house and suddenly up in the night sky there appeared a beautiful, dancing blue ribbon of colour...the Aurora Borealis... which I had never seen before in my entire life.  My aunt and I stood there in amazement and just wept at the sight of such a glorious confirmation from God.

As we were preparing for her funeral, a next door neighbour came to our home and with tears streaming down her face, she handed my mother a beautiful ligh-blue dress and asked if we could use it for my sister.  My mother was so deeply moved that she agreed to use the dress and thus I recevied another confirmation from the Lord.

A day or so after the funeral a friend and I were chatting and she said to me, "Gerry, I've heard that if you receive a rose after someone's death, that means that they are in heaven".  Such superstitious beliefs don't sit well with me so I just smiled and said, "That's interesting" and disregarded the comment.  A few days later I was cleaning out my sister's room and found a small New Testament that I had been given in 5th grade.  Inside I had filled out a personal commitment to the Lord by placing my name and the date at the back of the bible.  I flipped it open and to my surprise (and joy) my sister had scratched out my name and put hers with her date of commitment in place of mine.  I sat on the floor and laughed and cried at the same time. 

Within moments my mother walked through the door and handed me a small vase with a silk light blue rose in it....I just lost it.  She told me that this was all that remained from the funeral and when she realized that I had not gotten anything to remember my sister by, she hid it away so that she could give it to give to me later.  That light-blue rose remained with me for many, many years and whenever people would ask what it was for, I would tell them the story.

God never ceases to amaze me.....especially in the way He speaks to His children.

Be blessed!

Gerry.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 4:29PM #19
Flutterbyme

Godwinks at me every morning that I open my eyes and see the sun peeping though the blinds casting light into my eyes and the sound of that lil bird that sings me awake or that cool thunderstorm that lets me know that God is alive and well... But the sweetest Godwink was at 7:30 or so one evening when at one of the lowest points in my life is when I drew a hot bath and slipped into it with only a candle and a razor, not to mention the almighty drink,with no hope of ever leaving that tub on my own when at that moment there was a knock at my door. I would have ignored it but for some reason was thinking better nip this in the bud and follow my miserable state of mind... I saw no-one through my peephole who had become my best friend and on the way back to my luxurious bath that had no steam left for me the phone rang and the voice on the other end was my beautiful Savannah's voice (granddaughter) whom said simply... Tweedle Deedle, your tweedle deedle fairy was thinking about you so open your door... Well, I did and at my front door was what was the leftovers that she saved half of while dining out with her mom and dad, which is my mom and dad , (they adopted her) Does that make her my sister? lol Anyway, she said I Love You ! Tweedle deedle... So when I cant see my hand in front of me today and feel like giving up on life I always see my Tweedle Deedle and will never forget when she looks at me smiles her sweet smile and will always believe she was telling me that I'm Gods favorite and that his Godwink was shining through her heart and her beautiful eyes...You never know how life-rafts seem to drift your way at the last second before you go under, I know I will never think twice about My heavenly fathers love for me...

Sweet lullaby's for you my sweet angel...

L~

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 7:33PM #20
Blessedmom

I had a long talk today with my oldest daughter who is going through a very long and painful divorce. They were married 10 years and two perfect little girls. Over the last few years we noticed some concerning things that she always had a quick answer for. Long story shortened...he was hitting her. Now eight months later, still the divorce fight continues. The girls see their dad every other week under supervision. And my daughter, after having been a house wife for 9 year found herself in need of not just any job but one that would understand her situation. Not many places out there are willing to work with single mother who has to take off for childrens counciling, sick days, dentist, court dates,lawyer appointments and so on. She lost several job due to this before giving it to God. Thats what we were talking about today. When she did give it up...just like that a young insurance agent starting his own firm needed a secretary. One that new something about insurance and one that understood he didn't have alot of money to pay her at first. God winked, My husband has worked in insurance all her life. And not just any insurance company but the one he had just signed on with. My daughter new stuff about insurance he didn't ever know. Besides that she told him my mother also worked there before and my sister also works there now. They meet through another agent where my daughter had applied for a job and the agent did not have any opening but reconized her last name as being the same as a vip at the home office and sent her over to this young new agent. It was as if though they had know each other for ever. He lets her take the time off she need and she works late or takes stuff home. If he doesn't know how to deal with a insurance problem she know a few people who know the answer. A work match made in heaven!

She was so excited today when I told her she had a God wink moment. She often feels overwhelmed and along going through this dark time in her life. We talk daily and I try hard to remind her she is not alone. Rehashing all this she realizes she is soooo not alone. She has had many God winks.

I thank God first and you second for your book, which I am sending her tomorrow. Maybe you don't know or maybe you do but pointing out God winks blessed our heart today. Thank You from the bottom of my heart.

K...blessed mom

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook