Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 1:20AM #11
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I won't be doing Google-anything! Rather, I want to minimise marketing-abuse of my juicy personal data.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 5:12AM #12
Merope

Ship of Fools is an online community and webzine.  Its discussion is faith-based and largely Christian-based.  You can post anonymously there.

Debate.org is a place where you can debate everything.

America's Debate is another online community.  It covers politics and policy, social issues, and assorted other issues such as science and technology, the environment, health and medicine, the media, the economy, international issues, and big trials and legal cases. 

Cafe Mom is a community for mothers and mothers-to-be.  It's not a faith-based or political site.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 5:13AM #13
Merope

The Facebook groups that have been created as a landing place for Beliefnet folks looking for a place to connect and/or continue discussions are linked below.  They are open, unmoderated groups.  No Beliefnet folks are involved with them in any moderating capacity.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 7:43AM #14
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Merope (at #12):

Debate.org is a place where you can debate everything.

"Please spam me!"

We may use your email address and other personal information to help us efficiently operate the Site, to contact you in connection with your activity on the Site (including, but not limited to, confirmation emails or important news that could affect your relationship with Debate.org), and to forward messages and debate challenges to you from other Debate.org users. These communications are known as "Operational Communications." These Operational Communications may also contain commercial messages, banner ads, newsletters, information, special offers and other promotional materials for Debate.org or third parties' goods or services. The Site provides you with options to decline to receive communications from Debate.org (other than those contained in Operational Communications). Some of these options may only be for a certain category of communications; others may be more general. By posting a profile on the Site, you are opting in to receive communications and offers sent by Debate.org.

www.debate.org/legal/privacy/

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 7:56AM #15
Karma_yeshe_dorje

This historical timeline might spark memories.

Date Status Target Buyer Deal Type Price See more details - Transaction Multiple, Deal Advisors, Sellers, Deal Notes
May. 2004 Completed View View Acquisition
Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
View Details
Dec. 2007 Completed View View Acquisition View Details
Jun. 2010 Completed View View Acquisition
Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
View Details

www.privco.com/private-company/beliefnet...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 3:25AM #16
Stardove

Well gang, it is all over but the crying.  It's been a wonderful 16 years for me, and I will probably need to go to group therapy to deal with the loss. Been there and done that before.  Wink

Cry Keep on dreaming folks!  It's a big loss for us who have been a part of the Community for so long.  I have certainly enjoyed the ride!

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 5:33AM #17
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I phoned at length the very chatty Steven_guy. Who had posted his home phone # on the Origins of Life board. As he's also an Aussie, my VoIP (Internet) phone made that a free call! If anyone wants a chat, I can also call Yankistan for next to nothing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 1:56PM #18
steven_guy

I can be contacted on Skype: steven.langley.guy

Home phone: (Australia) 8 8346 1942

Mobile phone: (Australia) 0413 354 470

Email: smguy@optusnet.com.au

Facebook: Steven Langley Guy

I live on Day Terrace, West Croydon, Adelaide, South Australia.

I am always up for a chat at any time of the day or night. If I answer the phone, I am happy to talk. My interests are politics, religion, science, philosophy, culture and music. But I am just as happy to talk about the weather the cost of bread. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 3:58PM #19
Stardove

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook