Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View 3 Dead in Swedish School Attack
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 10:22AM #11
BDboy

Oct 22, 2015 -- 12:01PM, Ironhold wrote:

A blade-wielding man killed one and injured two in an attack at a school in Sweden.

Seems like no matter where you are in the world, schools just aren't safe anymore.  

>>>>>>> Was he a terrorist?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 11:23AM #12
Merope

No, he wasn't.  It was a hate crime, according to Swedish authorities.  He singled out students and teachers of color to attack and -- in 3 cases -- kill.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 11:35AM #13
BDboy

Oct 29, 2015 -- 11:23AM, Merope wrote:

No, he wasn't.  It was a hate crime, according to Swedish authorities.  He singled out students and teachers of color to attack and -- in 3 cases -- kill.

>>>>>>>> I thought all acts of terrors WERE "hate crimes". I mean  kurdish terrist did not kill bunch of turks for fun!

Nor did the 9-11 attackers did it for "love" ..............

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 12:45PM #14
mountain_man

Oct 30, 2015 -- 11:35AM, BDboy wrote:

I thought all acts of terrors WERE "hate crimes". I mean  kurdish terrist did not kill bunch of turks for fun!

Nor did the 9-11 attackers did it for "love" ...........

I understand that English is not your first language and that words can be confusing. Here's some definitions for you:

Terrorist: a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims. Terrorism is aimed at terrorizing POPULATIONS, not individuals.

Hate crime: (according to the FBI) A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. It's aimed at individuals.

Terrorists do not do their thing out of hate, or for fun, they do it for political purposes.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 1:47PM #15
BDboy

Oct 30, 2015 -- 12:45PM, mountain_man wrote:

Oct 30, 2015 -- 11:35AM, BDboy wrote:

I thought all acts of terrors WERE "hate crimes". I mean  kurdish terrist did not kill bunch of turks for fun!

Nor did the 9-11 attackers did it for "love" ...........

I understand that English is not your first language and that words can be confusing. Here's some definitions for you:

Terrorist: a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims. Terrorism is aimed at terrorizing POPULATIONS, not individuals.

Hate crime: (according to the FBI) A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. It's aimed at individuals.

Terrorists do not do their thing out of hate, or for fun, they do it for political purposes.

>>>>>> I am feeling the love!! Embarassed

Anyway it was my observation that, terror acts are ALSO a form of "Hate crime".

While I am not very smart but I tried to make a point of how we are programmed by the mass media.

For example, the term "Anti-semitism" should mean actions/words against semitic people but now a days this label has been shortened to a new definition (Anti-Jewish people). Now there is an ongoing campaign to include more items into it (Like criticism of Israel). But criticism against Kuwait/libya/Egypt/Jordan are not anti-semitic.

Also new definition. When CIA supplies arms to Syrian "Rebels", it is NOT terrorism. However when Iran supplies weapons to "Syrian army", it is terrorism!!

Disclaimer: I am against all type of violence and this message was posted to show an example HOW we are brainwashed to write new (Even contradictory definitions in our heads) definitions.

150 years ago the term "Gay" meant being happy. Today if you call someone gay, it means something different. It may make a person "un-happy" ( If he is Ben Carson supporter, 100% un-happy)....... Wink

Take it easy MM. ( I cannot type well but I do try to laugh and make people laugh with foolish questions).

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 2:39PM #16
mountain_man

Oct 30, 2015 -- 1:47PM, BDboy wrote:

Anyway it was my observation that, terror acts are ALSO a form of "Hate crime".....

Your "observation" is incorrect.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 12:46PM #17
BDboy

Oct 30, 2015 -- 2:39PM, mountain_man wrote:

Oct 30, 2015 -- 1:47PM, BDboy wrote:

Anyway it was my observation that, terror acts are ALSO a form of "Hate crime".....

Your "observation" is incorrect.

>>>>>>>> Thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook