Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Air Force Test-Launches Minuteman Missile From California
2 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2015 - 12:50AM #1
Stardove

Air Force Test-Launches Minuteman Missile From California

The Air Force says an unarmed Minuteman 3 missile has been launched from California's central coast in the latest test of the intercontinental system.

The missile blasted off at around 5:45 a.m. Wednesday from Vandenberg Air Force Base northwest of Los Angeles.

The Air Force says the missile carried a test re-entry vehicle that headed for a target area 4,200 miles away near the Marshall Islands in the Pacific Ocean.

Back during the moon's eclipse I saw a shooting star go straight up and wondered if it was a missile.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2015 - 6:07AM #2
Mlyons619

Very likely.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2015 - 11:43AM #3
JRoadrunner

It's a message to North Korea.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2015 - 7:40PM #4
TPaine

Oct 22, 2015 -- 11:43AM, JRoadrunner wrote:

Does the Air Force really believe shooting a missile from California to the Marshall Islands which are 4,000 miles from Pyongyang would bother Kim Jong-Crazy? I'm not sure it would frighten him if the missile landed in his swimming pool if he has one. Sanity is not his strong point.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture."-- Thomas Paine: The Crisis No. V (March 21, 1778)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2015 - 9:41PM #5
mountain_man

Oct 25, 2015 -- 7:40PM, TPaine wrote:

Does the Air Force really believe shooting a missile from California to the Marshall Islands which are 4,000 miles from Pyongyang would bother Kim Jong-Crazy?

No. This was just a routine test. They do this every few years to make sure all the equipment works. It's not a message to anyone.

I'm not sure it would frighten him if the missile landed in his swimming pool if he has one. Sanity is not his strong point.

His whole family is psycho.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 2:16PM #6
JRoadrunner

Oct 25, 2015 -- 7:40PM, TPaine wrote:

Oct 22, 2015 -- 11:43AM, JRoadrunner wrote:

Does the Air Force really believe shooting a missile from California to the Marshall Islands which are 4,000 miles from Pyongyang would bother Kim Jong-Crazy? I'm not sure it would frighten him if the missile landed in his swimming pool if he has one. Sanity is not his strong point.

That's true. Maybe it was for those in his circle or China. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook