Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

 
Post Reply
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Beliefnet Community Closing
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 4:00AM #1
shmuelgoldstein
Posts: 3,014
BNet is going brain dead come Halloween. 

Oh well, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

I used to be on a site called "SodaHead" ( a lot sillier and less moderated than BNet), and they turned it off one clear morning without any warning whatsoever.

See you guys around, I guess.  
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 10:31AM #2
in_my_opinion
Posts: 4,107

Sep 1, 2015 -- 4:00AM, shmuelgoldstein wrote:

BNet is going brain dead come Halloween. 

Oh well, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

I used to be on a site called "SodaHead" ( a lot sillier and less moderated than BNet), and they turned it off one clear morning without any warning whatsoever.

See you guys around, I guess.  



They tried to do too much. It was very broad but a little unfocused. Too few of the public showed much interest and tons of empty space taken up without culling all the fora that hadn't been having a dialogue for years. It would have done much better as a leaner, internally competetive, body. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 10:35AM #3
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 19,045

It is sad. They once had a good thing going here. But, I guess nothing lasts forever, not even on the internet.  See you guys in the ether.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 11:46AM #4
TPaine
Posts: 10,308

Sep 1, 2015 -- 10:35AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


It is sad. They once had a good thing going here. But, I guess nothing lasts forever, not even on the internet.  See you guys in the ether.



I'm certainly going to miss the friends I have here and the discussions we have had. I wish they could slim the site down by closing the forums that are rarely used and keeping the popular ones open.





"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture."-- Thomas Paine: The Crisis No. V (March 21, 1778)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 12:21PM #5
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 19,045

Sep 1, 2015 -- 11:46AM, TPaine wrote:


Sep 1, 2015 -- 10:35AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


It is sad. They once had a good thing going here. But, I guess nothing lasts forever, not even on the internet.  See you guys in the ether.



I'm certainly going to miss the friends I have here and the discussions we have had. I wish they could slim the site down by closing the forums that are rarely used and keeping the popular ones open.




+1






Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 12:31PM #6
in_my_opinion
Posts: 4,107

Sep 1, 2015 -- 11:46AM, TPaine wrote:


Sep 1, 2015 -- 10:35AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


It is sad. They once had a good thing going here. But, I guess nothing lasts forever, not even on the internet.  See you guys in the ether.



I'm certainly going to miss the friends I have here and the discussions we have had. I wish they could slim the site down by closing the forums that are rarely used and keeping the popular ones open.




+1


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 12:49PM #7
Jupiter6208
Posts: 2,483

Very sad indeed been here since the beginning. and yes they tried to be all things to all people. hard to do . It's been a great run.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 12:55PM #8
in_my_opinion
Posts: 4,107

Sep 1, 2015 -- 12:49PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:


Very sad indeed been here since the beginning. and yes they tried to be all things to all people. hard to do . It's been a great run.




Yes, it has. Too bad.


Still it would have been nice to have had a discussion about such a step.


There might have been alternatives. Instead of another top-down dictatorial decision.


But that's human culture.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 3:13PM #9
Do_unto_others
Posts: 11,942

I will miss the compassionate, informed, progressive voices.



The uninformed, mis-informing frightwingers I won't miss one iota.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 11:12PM #10
Aka_me
Posts: 14,464

Sep 1, 2015 -- 3:13PM, Do_unto_others wrote:


I will miss the compassionate, informed, progressive voices.



The uninformed, mis-informing frightwingers I won't miss one iota.



oh come on...


how fun it is to be in a room full of people who always agree with you?


the difference is what made it fun.


I'm going to miss this place.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook