Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View W. Virginia State Legislator: No Rape Exception to Abortion Because the Child Could Be 'Beautiful'
3 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2015 - 3:39PM #11
mountain_man

Feb 9, 2015 -- 2:07PM, REteach wrote:

...I wish I saw evidence that they cared about life that was already here.

This would be a far better world if they actually did care about life, all life. The majority of those lawmakers, other politicians, and preachers, that claim this "sanctity of life" bit are for the death penalty and routinely speak out against any kind of help a child might need AFTER it is born. Their positions reek of hypocrisy.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2015 - 3:44PM #12
mountain_man

Feb 9, 2015 -- 2:44PM, Shusha wrote:

Its just another example of turning women into objects, in this case a vessel for a fetus, which is so rampant in our society that we really shouldn't be surprised by it.

I'm not so much surprised but sickened by it.

Maybe these men who are so intent on saving fetuses should be funding artificial wombs technology - so that the vessel that is used for saving these fetuses really is an inanimate object. 

Better yet; men should just shut up on the topic. It's never a decision they will have to make. The man should fully support the decision made by the woman. Other than that, it's none of his business and should have no say what so ever in the matter. If he doesn't like abortion then he should have used protection or gone without.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2015 - 7:20PM #13
Unworthyone

Sure, this pandering jackass is willing to legislate because 'all life is sacred' but he will not fund the feeding, healthcare, or education of that beautiful child.  And, if this child turns out to be a criminal like his father (maybe because he grew up in poverty with poor nutrition, and remains illiterate in a crime infested environment), you can bet your ass this pandering jackass will support putting him to death.

Beautiful  ... don't make me puke.

“Some men see things as they are and say, why; I dream things that never were and say, why not.” Robert F. Kennedy, 1968
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2015 - 9:46PM #14
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2015 - 5:56PM #15
christzen

Feb 15, 2015 -- 9:46PM, Merope wrote:

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Why are you bothering to tell a dead forum you have moved a thread into it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook