Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Nebraska Supreme Court Rules Have A Child
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2013 - 12:29PM #11
karbie
Of course it does. She is no longer a person but a womb, which is what the Regressives want women to be--incubators for sperm instead of people. If you deny birth control, and don't teach anything but abstinence you are raising kids who have been kept from understanding their own bodies. Funny how being a mother is more important than ever being taught how not to be one or not turning your girlfriend into  one, isn't it?  This child is with foster parents whose love is contingent on following their religious precepts and I've known people like that. All Old Testament because Jesus preached forgiveness...with the warning in the Lord's Prayer that we would receive the same amount of forgiveness we gave others.
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2013 - 12:46PM #12
mainecaptain

Oct 6, 2013 -- 12:29PM, karbie wrote:

Of course it does. She is no longer a person but a womb, which is what the Regressives want women to be--incubators for sperm instead of people. If you deny birth control, and don't teach anything but abstinence you are raising kids who have been kept from understanding their own bodies. Funny how being a mother is more important than ever being taught how not to be one or not turning your girlfriend into one, isn't it? This child is with foster parents whose love is contingent on following their religious precepts and I've known people like that. All Old Testament because Jesus preached forgiveness...with the warning in the Lord's Prayer that we would receive the same amount of forgiveness we gave others.

You are correct, they the regressives see women and all females as nothing but a womb, to incubate sperm. No other purpose, no right to anything else.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2013 - 12:47PM #13
mainecaptain

Oct 6, 2013 -- 11:44AM, Ebon wrote:

The ruling makes no sense at all.

Sure it makes sense, it is about power and control. Not morality.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2013 - 1:00PM #14
Ebon

Oct 6, 2013 -- 12:47PM, mainecaptain wrote:

What I meant was that it doesn't make logical sense. It reminds me of Priscilla Owens, a judge W nominated for teh Fifth Circuit, who turned down every single waiver that came bfore her.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2013 - 1:05PM #15
teilhard

If she isn't "mature enough" to decide whether to carry the Pregnancy to Term ... then obviously she isn't "mature enough," either, to decide whether to raise the Child herself or make any Decisions about Adoption ...

So ... WHO will make those Decisions FOR her ... ???

Oct 5, 2013 -- 7:56PM, mountain_man wrote:

If she is not "mature enough" to make such a decision, then she certainly is not mature enough to be a mother. Those idiots didn't care anyway. They just imposed their archaic anti-abortion beliefs on the poor mother.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2013 - 1:50PM #16
karbie
Why, the foster parents she didn't want to know about the pregnancy since obviously they wouldn't allow her to escape the consequences of her sins. She'll be a mother by 17 and out of the foster care system at 18.
  The Regressives to still believe in miracles in the sense of "She got herself pregnant" which while medically possible still requires a sperm donor. The full proclamation would be "She got herself pregnant so she could go on Welfare."
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2013 - 2:10PM #17
mainecaptain

Oct 6, 2013 -- 1:00PM, Ebon wrote:

Oct 6, 2013 -- 12:47PM, mainecaptain wrote:

What I meant was that it doesn't make logical sense. It reminds me of Priscilla Owens, a judge W nominated for teh Fifth Circuit, who turned down every single waiver that came bfore her.

Please forgive me Ebon, I did understand your point, and you are correct, it does not make logical sense. These fanatics are not logical. And they are irrational fanatics. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2013 - 4:00PM #18
teilhard

So even if she isn't appreciably "mature," she IS calculatingly SMART ...

Oct 6, 2013 -- 1:50PM, karbie wrote:

Why, the foster parents she didn't want to know about the pregnancy since obviously they wouldn't allow her to escape the consequences of her sins. She'll be a mother by 17 and out of the foster care system at 18. The Regressives to still believe in miracles in the sense of "She got herself pregnant" which while medically possible still requires a sperm donor. The full proclamation would be "She got herself pregnant so she could go on Welfare."

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2013 - 9:50PM #19
loveontheair

Hello,

It's not very often I'm on MM's side but this is one of them.

However, or but...if people do not like those in office or who make the laws then they need to vote these people out. In my opinion, the politicians in Washington are a direct result of us electing them and they represent us...some voters not so good. You get what you pay for sorta speak...Reality, the NE Supreme Court made their decision.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2013 - 10:31PM #20
mountain_man

Oct 6, 2013 -- 9:50PM, loveontheair wrote:

....Reality, the NE Supreme Court made their decision.

They made a biased, bigoted, asinine, decision. They should be disbarred.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook