Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

 
Post Reply
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Is this what some want in the US?
4 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2013 - 4:10PM #11
Girlchristian
Posts: 13,685

Jul 10, 2013 -- 4:02PM, Bodean wrote:


Jul 9, 2013 -- 11:27PM, Fodaoson wrote:


Jul 9, 2013 -- 11:10PM, Erey wrote:


I am certain abortion should be an option for a very young girl in this sitaution.


 


but I don't get the impression reading the OP link that this girl is on death's door or anything.  The doctor is saying it is dangerous to give birth as young as she is - and it is dangerous I agree.  But the I think false impression is given that this is like th Irish story not too long ago. 


 


We don't read anything in the article about her vital signs being out of whack or even her being under special care.


 


I do have a 13 year old child so I know what it is to have an 11 year old girl.  This is the kind of situaiton I would do pretty much anything to end, as soon as possible.  From my point of view more for fear of hear emotional and mental health than her physical health. 




But for many pro-lifers mental and emotional health as well s physical are not important enough for  an abortion  





Would you agree that this is a very small minority??  I only know one person with this extreme view.  Most I know oppose abortion for B.C. reason's, but support it in cases of rape, incest, or when a doctor says it is in the best interests of the patients health.




Right, it's a small minority that are that extreme. Pro-choicers have their extremes too--those people that think abortion should be allowed for any reason up until the point of birth.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2013 - 4:16PM #12
Roodog
Posts: 10,168

Jul 10, 2013 -- 3:33PM, Father_Oblivion wrote:


Jul 10, 2013 -- 11:57AM, Roodog wrote:


While I am not pro choice, when a mother's life is in danger, she has the right to defend her life by whatever means neccessary.




While I personally oppose abortion, I also recognize that as a male I will never have to make that decision for myself and defend the right of any woman to decide for herself so I am 'pro-choice'.




This matter in question here would constitute a serious threat to the mothers' health.
A citizen should only kill in self defense.
As for a woman's right the point is moot, abortion is legal, even if it is wrong.


Killing and "rights" led to the carnage of the Southern Rebellion of 1861-65.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2013 - 4:20PM #13
Jasr
Posts: 14,876

Jul 10, 2013 -- 3:33PM, Father_Oblivion wrote:


Jul 10, 2013 -- 11:57AM, Roodog wrote:


While I am not pro choice, when a mother's life is in danger, she has the right to defend her life by whatever means neccessary.




While I personally oppose abortion, I also recognize that as a male I will never have to make that decision for myself and defend the right of any woman to decide for herself so I am 'pro-choice'.





+1


Mark me down as pro life and pro choice.


And...this is not a woman, it's a girl. Not only is a pregnancy at her age a serious threat...she is being forced to carry, nourish, and risk her life for the offspring of a man who committed on her one of the vilest crimes imaginable.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2013 - 4:25PM #14
Jasr
Posts: 14,876

Jul 9, 2013 -- 7:51PM, 3neez wrote:


Jul 9, 2013 -- 7:35PM, Fodaoson wrote:


Jul 9, 2013 -- 7:28PM, Father_Oblivion wrote:


11-Year-Old Chilean Girl Raped by Mother’s Boyfriend Denied Life-Saving Abortion


How can people be so short-sighted?





Unfortunately, the answer to your OP question is Yes.  





That has to be your most outlandish post I've read to date.


The same goes for the OP.


Congratulations to you both.




Really?


Do you suppose Republican Todd Akin would consider this a "legitimate rape?"


Because according to him, if a woman gets pregnant, it probably wasn't a rape.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2013 - 5:45PM #15
Erey
Posts: 21,730

Jul 9, 2013 -- 11:26PM, newsjunkie wrote:


Jul 9, 2013 -- 11:10PM, Erey wrote:


I am certain abortion should be an option for a very young girl in this sitaution.


 


but I don't get the impression reading the OP link that this girl is on death's door or anything.  The doctor is saying it is dangerous to give birth as young as she is - and it is dangerous I agree.  But the I think false impression is given that this is like th Irish story not too long ago. 


 


We don't read anything in the article about her vital signs being out of whack or even her being under special care.


 


I do have a 13 year old child so I know what it is to have an 11 year old girl.  This is the kind of situaiton I would do pretty much anything to end, as soon as possible.  From my point of view more for fear of hear emotional and mental health than her physical health. 




Geez, Erey... how sick does the child have to get before it seems like she's in danger? I hear that you think abortion is the best course, but still.... I don't see many ways to see any of this as 'not so bad.' Pregnancy at any age carries health risks, and at that young an age, the risks are very great. Granted, I'm not a doctor, but common sense here would suggest it is a very serious health situation in need of timely attention despite her vital signs not being "out of whack."


The girl should not be subjected to any health risk at all associated with pregnancy if she or her parents don't want her to be. This should be between the family and their doctor and not a matter of concern for the government.




 


I am just saying new Junkie around the world girls that age give birth to much celebration and her status is raised because she is so dang fertile at such a early age.  They give birth in primative situations.  I am sure I have ancestors that gave birth at such ages.


 


Again, I don't recomend it but I don't see the point in your sort of attacking me post. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2013 - 6:32PM #16
Stardove
Posts: 17,597

This thread was moved from USN & P.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove


People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2013 - 10:52PM #17
newsjunkie
Posts: 5,750

Jul 10, 2013 -- 5:45PM, Erey wrote:


Jul 9, 2013 -- 11:26PM, newsjunkie wrote:


Jul 9, 2013 -- 11:10PM, Erey wrote:


I am certain abortion should be an option for a very young girl in this sitaution.


 


but I don't get the impression reading the OP link that this girl is on death's door or anything.  The doctor is saying it is dangerous to give birth as young as she is - and it is dangerous I agree.  But the I think false impression is given that this is like th Irish story not too long ago. 


 


We don't read anything in the article about her vital signs being out of whack or even her being under special care.


 


I do have a 13 year old child so I know what it is to have an 11 year old girl.  This is the kind of situaiton I would do pretty much anything to end, as soon as possible.  From my point of view more for fear of hear emotional and mental health than her physical health. 




Geez, Erey... how sick does the child have to get before it seems like she's in danger? I hear that you think abortion is the best course, but still.... I don't see many ways to see any of this as 'not so bad.' Pregnancy at any age carries health risks, and at that young an age, the risks are very great. Granted, I'm not a doctor, but common sense here would suggest it is a very serious health situation in need of timely attention despite her vital signs not being "out of whack."


The girl should not be subjected to any health risk at all associated with pregnancy if she or her parents don't want her to be. This should be between the family and their doctor and not a matter of concern for the government.




 


I am just saying new Junkie around the world girls that age give birth to much celebration and her status is raised because she is so dang fertile at such a early age.  They give birth in primative situations.  I am sure I have ancestors that gave birth at such ages.


 


Again, I don't recomend it but I don't see the point in your sort of attacking me post. 




11 years old, raped by her mom's BF? But her pregnancy's no big deal because "they" supposedly celebrate births to 11 y.o.s and "give birth in primitive places" other places in the world???? I don't know where to start except to say you must be having a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry bad day to say such things. 


My blood runs cold reading your posts. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook