Switch to Forum Live View Guess Someone Really Wanted a Sandwich...
1 year ago  ::  Apr 08, 2013 - 10:35AM #1
Ironhold
link

German authorities are reporting that 5 tons of Nutella was stolen over the weekend when thieves made off with a parked trailer full of product.

I guess "buying a container from the store" was too mundane for them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 08, 2013 - 11:27AM #2
DotNotInOz
Inexplicable to me. The world's supply of that stuff isn't threatened in the least by me. Hate the stuff.
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 08, 2013 - 4:32PM #3
Abner1

Really, if they wanted that much nutella, couldn't they just go to Costco?

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 08, 2013 - 5:28PM #4
loveontheair

Hello,

I recall something like this happening at Harvard a few months back with some students.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 08, 2013 - 10:43PM #5
DotNotInOz

I know why they did it! They were the good nutrition equivalent of PETA, seeking to spare zillions of people from the mistaken impression that junk is healthy.

I thought I recalled a [ahem!] nutty commercial promoting Nutella on toast as a nutritious breakfast for kids. You know, made with real hazelnuts, so it's gotta be healthy?

Yup. Nutella settled on a couple of lawsuits charging the manufacturer with fraudulently claiming Nutella is healthy. Turns out that it's as good for you as a Three Musketeers bar. Details here: blogs.laweekly.com/squidink/2012/04/nute...

Maybe since the company couldn't run that commercial anymore in the U.S., they translated it and sent it to Germany? Stranger things...

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 08, 2013 - 11:42PM #6
loveontheair

Hello,

I'm going to the store tomorrow and stock up on Nutella...

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 08, 2013 - 11:43PM #7
Erey

I really like Nutella which is why I don't buy it anymore.  I tend to pick at the jar until it is empty.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 16, 2013 - 12:31PM #8
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook