Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2013 - 10:43PM #1
Fodaoson

The February 2013 nor'easter (also known as Winter Storm Nemo[5][6][7][8][9] or the Blizzard of 2013[10][11]) was a powerful winter storm that developed from the combination of two areas of low pressure,[12] primarily affecting the Northeastern United States and parts of Canada, resulting in heavy snowfall and hurricane-force winds. The storm later crossed the Atlantic Ocean and affected the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.[13] The nor'easter received a Category 3 rank on the NESIS Scale, making it a "Major" Winter Storm.( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_2013_nor\...)

This topic has been discussed before  but  it is a serious issue that needs attention.   It is not partisan politics but is a building danger to entire world and the people .

Climate change is happening; It is accelerating the effects are growing.   A big factor is fossil fuel usage.  Scientific data confirms a warming earth,  observable  phenomenon  reveals melting glaciers and ice sheets, more erratic weather such as drought  worsening floods, flooding  heavy snow and lack of snow,   

www.ted.com/talks/james_hansen_why_i_mus...

Climate Change is Here, Ready or Not. So What Now?

Edit: added currrent link

Moderated by Stardove on Mar 30, 2013 - 12:12PM
“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2013 - 12:04AM #2
mountain_man

But the giant oil and coal companies tell us it's not true.

It's no use. Those that need to believe climate change is not happening are immune to the facts. No amount of proof could ever bring them to reality. Just lump them in with the Birthers, creationists, and their ilk, and laugh at them. We'll just have to work around them.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2013 - 5:02PM #3
Hatman
Foda-
It's also possible-if-not likely that the ionospheric heater known as the HAARP antennae array is being deliberately used to alter the jet steam, as well, and thereby change weather-patterns.  From what i've read, over 100sq. miles of upper atmosphere can be heated in this way, well over 10,000 degree F. and this "hot-spot" can be gradually shifted in one direction or another.

So yep, definitely man-made climate change.

Googling "geo-engineering" will also turn up some things of potential interest.
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2013 - 9:45PM #4
mountain_man

The HAARP project only puts out 36,000 KW. Not enough to heat any part of the atmosphere that has anything to do with the weather or the jet stream, with the exception of the area right around the electronics generating the signal. Almost half that wattage is lost to heat INSIDE the building housing the electronics. It does not heat up any part of the atmosphere that would affect our weather. The Jet Stream is from 7 to 12 K above the Earth, the HAARP Project is studying the ionosphere; 70 K above the Earth. Big difference.

Of course the above will be adamantly denied since I got it straight from the source; the HAARP FAQ.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2013 - 3:33AM #5
Aka_me

Mar 30, 2013 -- 9:45PM, mountain_man wrote:

The HAARP project only puts out 36,000 KW. Not enough to heat any part of the atmosphere that has anything to do with the weather or the jet stream, with the exception of the area right around the electronics generating the signal. Almost half that wattage is lost to heat INSIDE the building housing the electronics. It does not heat up any part of the atmosphere that would affect our weather. The Jet Stream is from 7 to 12 K above the Earth, the HAARP Project is studying the ionosphere; 70 K above the Earth. Big difference.

Of course the above will be adamantly denied since I got it straight from the source; the HAARP FAQ.

ya... and the prolific publishing of results, plus the publicly available list of scientists work on the non-classified HAARP project prove beyond shadow of a doubt what it is they're doing, learning, and sharing with the scientific community.

you ah... might want to get a towel and dry off behind the ears Innocent

not being able to debate is one thing, employing censorship to avoid debate is beyond words.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2013 - 5:31PM #6
Hatman
From www.haarp.net:

The twelve patents below are the backbone of the HAARP project, and are now buried among the thousands of others held in the name of Raytheon. Bernard J. Eastlund's U.S. Patent # 4,686,605, "Method and Apparatus for Altering a Region in the Earth's Atmosphere, Ionosphere; and/or Magnetosphere," was sealed for a year under a government Secrecy Order.

The Eastlund ionospheric heater was different; the radio frequency (RF) radiation was concentrated and focused to a point in the ionosphere. This difference throws an unprecedented amount of energy into the ionosphere. The Eastlund device would allow a concentration of one watt per cubic centimeter, compared to others only able to deliver about one millionth of one watt.

This huge difference could lift and change the ionosphere in the ways necessary to create futuristic effects described in the patent. According to the patent, the work of Nikola Tesla in the early 1900's formed the basis of the research.

What would this technology be worth to ARCO, the owner of the patents? They could make enormous profits by beaming electrical power from a powerhouse in the gas fields to the consumer without wires.

For a time, HAARP researchers could not prove that this was one of the intended uses for HAARP. In April, 1995, however, Begich found other patents, connected with a "key personnel" list for APTI. Some of these new APTI patents were indeed a wireless system for sending electrical power. Eastlund's patent said the technology can confuse or completely disrupt airplanes' and missiles' sophisticated guidance systems. Further, this ability to spray large areas of Earth with electromagnetic waves of varying frequencies, and to control changes in those waves, makes it possible to knock out communications on land or sea as well as in the air.

The patent said:

"Thus, this invention provides the ability to put unprecedented amounts of power in the Earth's atmosphere at strategic locations and to maintain the power injection level particularly if random pulsing is employed, in a manner far more precise and better controlled than heretofore accomplished by the prior art, particularly by detonation of nuclear devices of various yields at various altitudes... "

"...it is possible not only to interfere with third party communications but to take advantage of one or more such beams to carry out a communications network even though the rest of the world's communications are disrupted. Put another way, what is used to disrupt another's communications can be employed by one knowledgeable of this invention as a communication network at the same time."

"... large regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces with resultant destruction."

"Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device.

... molecular modifications of the atmosphere can take place so that positive environmental effects can be achieved. Besides actually changing the molecular composition of an atmospheric region, a particular molecule or molecules can be chosen for increased presence. For example, ozone, nitrogen, etc., concentrations in the atmosphere could be artificially increased."

Begich found eleven other APTI Patents. They told how to make "Nuclear-sized Explosions without Radiation," Power-beaming systems, over-the-horizon radar, detection systems for missiles carrying nuclear warheads, electromagnetic pulses previously produced by thermonuclear weapons and other Star-Wars tricks. This cluster of patents underlay the HAARP weapon system.

Oh, yeah...completely harmless and benign investigation of the ionosphere.

"Wet behind the ears" don't begin to describe the condition.

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2013 - 6:30PM #7
mountain_man

Mar 31, 2013 -- 5:31PM, Hatman wrote:

....Oh, yeah...completely harmless and benign investigation of the ionosphere.

Nothing there supported any of the claims you made, and actually refutes all of them. My information came straight from the source, not a conspiracy theory riddled website. Let's see you find some facts based on the science involved, not hysteria.

Of course you need to resort to personal attacks instead of participating in a rational discussion of the facts.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2013 - 12:22PM #8
Aka_me

Mar 31, 2013 -- 6:30PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 31, 2013 -- 5:31PM, Hatman wrote:

....Oh, yeah...completely harmless and benign investigation of the ionosphere.

Nothing there supported any of the claims you made, and actually refutes all of them. My information came straight from the source, not a conspiracy theory riddled website. Let's see you find some facts based on the science involved, not hysteria.

Of course you need to resort to personal attacks instead of participating in a rational discussion of the facts.

why do we need to generate artificial ionospheric plasma clouds?

that's all the published research I can find... can anyone else discover what $50 million a year is buying us?

personally, I can't measure how naive one would have to be to think they can.

not being able to debate is one thing, employing censorship to avoid debate is beyond words.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2013 - 2:00PM #9
Hatman

Apparently, either a) the Patent Office lies, or b) these patents are NOT part of anything that HAARP is doing(yeah, right).

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2013 - 4:35PM #10
mountain_man

Apr 1, 2013 -- 2:00PM, Hatman wrote:

Apparently, either a) the Patent Office lies, or b) these patents are NOT part of anything that HAARP is doing(yeah, right).

The people you linked to lie. The conspiracy theorists in at that site just make up, and believe, whatever they want. To them, and their believers, the facts are irrelevant. They believe due to psychological problems, not scientific facts.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook