Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Life Expectancy Falls for US Women
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2013 - 9:55AM #1
Ironhold
link

While the life expectency for men has been steady (if not climbing up), the life expectency for women has actually gone down over the last 30+ years.

No firm answers can be had yet, but it's suspected that smoking and obesity might have a part to play in this.

*Wonders what would happen if Michelle Obama hears about this*
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2013 - 9:59AM #2
Ebon

Mar 5, 2013 -- 9:55AM, Ironhold wrote:

No firm answers can be had yet, but it's suspected that smoking and obesity might have a part to play in this.

That would make sense although further research will be needed to confirm it.

Apart from conservative's irrational hatred for Michelle Obama, what does the first lady have to do with this? She's hardly the first person to suggest eating more healthily.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2013 - 10:08AM #3
Ironhold

Mar 5, 2013 -- 9:59AM, Ebon wrote:

Apart from conservative's irrational hatred for Michelle Obama, what does the first lady have to do with this? She's hardly the first person to suggest eating more healthily.

People like her, Bloomberg, and others have become somewhat infamous for sitting back and pontificating on "proper" habits without actually stopping to think things through.

For example, the "healthy" school lunches that have been promoted by the White House contain so few calories that kids are actually going hungry, leading to revolts in several school districts.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2013 - 10:43AM #4
Do_unto_others

Mar 5, 2013 -- 10:08AM, Ironhold wrote:

People like her, Bloomberg, and others have become somewhat infamous for sitting back and pontificating on "proper" habits without actually stopping to think things through.

For example, the "healthy" school lunches that have been promoted by the White House contain so few calories that kids are actually going hungry, leading to revolts in several school districts.

Source, please.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2013 - 10:44AM #5
Do_unto_others

From the link:

"Researchers are stumped why women's life expectancy is declining"

My guess is, they have to worry far too much and work far too hard to keep their personal reproductive health choice being taken away by 'legitimate rapists'.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2013 - 11:08AM #6
mountain_man

Wow! I didn't think Obama Derangement Syndrome included the First Lady too. When she does hear about this, it will confirm what she has been saying; eat healthy and stay fit. But, no Regressive would ever admit that. It's also amazing that Regressives can turn anything into a political insult geared toward any Obama.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2013 - 11:08AM #7
mountain_man

Mar 5, 2013 -- 10:44AM, Do_unto_others wrote:

My guess is, they have to worry far too much and work far too hard to keep their personal reproductive health choice being taken away by 'legitimate rapists'.

Or just putting up with men in general.  Cool

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2013 - 11:28AM #8
mecdukebec

Mar 5, 2013 -- 11:08AM, mountain_man wrote:

Wow! I didn't think Obama Derangement Syndrome included the First Lady too. When she does hear about this, it will confirm what she has been saying; eat healthy and stay fit. But, no Regressive would ever admit that. It's also amazing that Regressives can turn anything into a political insult geared toward any Obama.

The First Lady has become, in my experience, a form of "back-door racism" for the Wingies.  I am hearing Wingledingles call her "Moochelle" and "the black heifer" which provides the Wingles a way to "wink and nod" with the black reference.  I guess, for them, it's a step-up from calling African-Americans "Negroes"; they were doing that, just recently. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2013 - 11:42AM #9
Girlchristian

Mar 5, 2013 -- 10:43AM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Mar 5, 2013 -- 10:08AM, Ironhold wrote:

Source, please.

Here are several. IMO, this is part of the transition and not necessarily a bad thing. It sounds like they may need to tweak the program so that the child can get seconds of the 'main food' rather than attempting to force them to eat salads and fruits. It also seems like they're allowed unlimited salad and fruit, but can't get seconds of the protein that is served. I can see how if a child is given a plate with chicken, salad, and fruit, but doesn't eat the salad then they'd still be hungry.

www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/09/28/161...

www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Los-Ang...

www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/9747...

www.news-gazette.com/news/education/2012...

www.npr.org/2012/09/27/161894994/healthi...

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/house-...

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2013 - 11:47AM #10
mountain_man

Mar 5, 2013 -- 11:28AM, mecdukebec wrote:

The First Lady has become, in my experience, a form of "back-door racism" for the Wingies.  I am hearing Wingledingles call her "Moochelle" and "the black heifer" which provides the Wingles a way to "wink and nod" with the black reference.  I guess, for them, it's a step-up from calling African-Americans "Negroes"; they were doing that, just recently.

That racial hatred, the unfathomable idea that there is a Black in the WHITE House, pervades all their political ideas. I heard a guy recently say; "Ain't no n......r President gonna take away my guns." The problem lately is that it's not just a political disagreement, or a different set of ideals, it's become a psychotic HATRED of Obama and those that voted for him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook