Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hillary Clinton Admitted to Hospital
2 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2012 - 8:20PM #1
Stardove

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton admitted to hospital with blood clot following concussion

WASHINGTON — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has been admitted to a New York hospital after the discovery of a blood clot stemming from the concussion she sustained earlier this month.

Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines says her doctors discovered the clot during a follow-up exam Sunday. Reines says Clinton is being treated with anti-coagulants.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Secretary Clinton and her family.

More at link.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2012 - 10:52PM #2
jane2

Secretary Clinton has looked tired to me of late. Tonight I read she is the most travelled Secretary of State in our history; she has visited 112 countries.

Much of Hillary Clinton's work was done behind the scenes. This I admire. Diplomacy should be just that and not that which gains headlines. Veep Joe Biden worked in much the same way in his diplomatic travels.

Be well, Hillary.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2012 - 2:07AM #3
Ebon

Poor woman. Best wishes to her.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2012 - 12:34PM #4
Stardove

Clinton hasn’t been seen in public since December 7.

In early December, the Secretary of State picked up a stomach virus that caused dehydration and led to a fall and a concussion.  Her illness caused her to postpone her testimony on Capitol Hill in December about the administration’s handling of the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

As Secretary of State, Clinton has visited more than 112 countries,  travelling nearly one million miles in more than 400 days of travel.  Dr. Schmaier says all the travel could have put her at greater risk for clots.

“When you do airplane travel, you’re sedentary and we know that each of us are at slightly increased risk for blood clots being on a long plane flight,” said Dr. Schmaier to Chris Jansing.  ”The Secretary, in doing her job, really did put herself in a situation from all these airline flights that could increase her risk,” Schmaier added.

The article says Secretary Clinton has had a blood clot before in 1998 which makes it more likely to develop another one.  Thankfully this clot was found in time for treatment.

There is a video at the link.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2012 - 12:35PM #5
mytmouse57

Best wishes for a full recovery.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2012 - 12:55PM #6
rocketjsquirell

May G-d grant her a perfect healing. She is a remarkable woman.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2012 - 5:02PM #7
REteach

Conspiracy theorists out there claim she is faking it. Sigh. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2012 - 5:31PM #8
Harry3142

With her hectic schedule, and her age, it is possible that what was seen as simply an incident in which she fell down was actually a result of a ministroke. Usually these are followed eventually by a more massive one, so it is probable that the doctor found the clot which was due to inflict serious harm on her before it had the chance to do its damage.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2012 - 6:30PM #9
IreneAdler

Dec 31, 2012 -- 5:02PM, REteach wrote:

Conspiracy theorists out there claim she is faking it. Sigh. 

Really? 

To what end?

Let's see them handle the schedule she has maintained for almost 4 years and do half as well (112 countries). 

Per my bro, when she visited The Philippines, she looked tired (this was before any reports of her health issues surfaced). But there were no changes to the schedule or special accomodations requested by her. She just kept on truckin'.

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2012 - 7:54PM #10
loveontheair

Hello,

Perhaps she should reconsider running for POTUS in 2016.

May everyone have a better year than the previous year. Have a safe and Happy New Year.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook