Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Egyptian TV airs slow beheading of Tunisian Muslim who converted to Christianity
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 1:47PM #1
rocketjsquirell
I undersdand that we have established that this should not happen in Islam and that the people who are doing these things are not acting properly. Since it does happen, what can be done to stop it?

Egyptian TV airs slow beheading of Tunisian Muslim who converted to Christianity

As published by The Christian Post, a video was recently shown on Egyptian television reportedly depicting the literal carving-off of the head of a bound Tunisian man who had abandoned Islam and converted to Christianity.

A heavily edited version of the video (sans actual bloodshed) was also aired on Canadian TV's political discussion program "The Arena" hosted by Michael Coren of Canada's Sun News Network (please see video link, left).

Coren begins his segment by matter-of-factly stating:

"There is a video on the web right now showing a man having his head cut off slowly and agonizingly, essentially because he has converted to Christianity from Islam."

While rolling the video, Coren went on to say:

"... various Islamic chants going on right now, and this goes on for some time before this poor man's head is actually cut off.

They taunt him for the longest time, he's completely unable to move or resist.

And finally, his head is cut off and held up for the camera."
. . .
full article:
www.examiner.com/article/egyptian-tv-air...

any suggestions?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 1:51PM #2
Ken

Nov 20, 2012 -- 1:47PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

any suggestions?

Abolish Islam. Who needs it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 1:53PM #3
d_p_m

It would be good to remember that Coren is a 'hard core Christian', IIRC, much given to attacking any non-Christian beliefs. My own evaluation is that he is a religious bigot, and anything he says about religion will be slanted to reflect his own particular prejudices. As such, I would ignore anything he says, and look at only verifiable facts.

Other than that, I have no information on this matter.

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."

― Niels Bohr

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

-- Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 2:41PM #4
mytmouse57

It wasn't that long ago, executions were public events in many places, including in the West.

It's a barbaric practice that needs to be removed from the globe. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 2:54PM #5
rocketjsquirell

Nov 20, 2012 -- 1:51PM, Ken wrote:

any suggestions?

I have it on good authority that Islam is not supposed to be about beheading people. It is the barbaric practices carried out by people who say they are acting according to Islam which need to be abolished, not Islam. There are millions of Muslims who find these types of practices barbaric and would like to see them excised from any association with Islam. The question is how can the barbaric practices be excised from any association with Islam and be discontinued? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 3:07PM #6
Erey

Sadistic and sick people do sadistic and sick things especially when they have an ideology or cult such as Islamism or Nazism or some other cult like belief.

What bothers me most is WHY did Egyptian TV choose to air this?  WHY?  That is the part that creeps me out more than the cruel and sadistic act of beheading?

Is it because Egypt is more Islamist now and the egyptian people are more likely to get off and enjoy a beheading of an infidel?  Now that their Islamist fires are better stoked by te Muslim Brotherhood?

These are my fears but I will wait for more information to form a solid oppinion. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 3:07PM #7
Ken

Nov 20, 2012 -- 2:54PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

any suggestions?

I have it on good authority that Islam is not supposed to be about beheading people.

I have it on good authority that death has been the traditional punishment for apostasy in Islam for centuries.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 6:13PM #8
chevy956

Nov 20, 2012 -- 3:07PM, Ken wrote:

any suggestions?

I have it on good authority that Islam is not supposed to be about beheading people.

I have it on good authority that death has been the traditional punishment for apostasy in Islam for centuries.

o much for Muslim claims that there is to be no compulsion in religion. I can think of nothing more insane than killing another human being because they do not share the same highly abstract idea about the nature and worship of a being for which there is no objective evidence. One should be able to change beliefs without dying.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2012 - 12:03AM #9
mainecaptain

Nov 20, 2012 -- 6:13PM, chevy956 wrote:

Nov 20, 2012 -- 3:07PM, Ken wrote:

any suggestions?

o much for Muslim claims that there is to be no compulsion in religion. I can think of nothing more insane than killing another human being because they do not share the same highly abstract idea about the nature and worship of a being for which there is no objective evidence. One should be able to change beliefs without dying.

I agree Chevy

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2012 - 3:17AM #10
shmuelgoldstein

Nov 20, 2012 -- 1:53PM, d_p_m wrote:

...  I would ignore anything he says, and look at only verifiable facts. 

Are the events depicted in the video not facts?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook