Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Huntsman On "Pontificators"
2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 4:16PM #1
vra
From Politico:  Jon Huntsman on Monday joined a chorus of center-right critics who are questioning the GOP’s reliance on the conservative media establishment, saying the party needed to move beyond “pontificators …who are making millions.”

“If we used all that energy spent on the president’s birth certificate or tax reform or on Afghanistan, we’d be in a much difference place today,” the former Utah governor said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “We do have, you know, some pontifcators in our party, we have a media elite in a sense on the right, they’re making millions and millions of dollars talking about all the incendiary aspects of public policy. We need solutions as opposed to people in search of a larger audience. I don’t know how you go about incentivizing solutions, but that is where the party needs to go.”

In the wake of an election where conservatives routinely accused independent pollsters of skewing their results and right-wing pundits missed election predictions by broad margins, some Republicans are questioning their party’s reliance on Fox News and other conservative outlets...

Read more: www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83707...

Agree? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 4:23PM #2
Qwesam

Propaganda is only work in closed community or Communist country.

It failed miserable on free WORLD.  If conservative Republicans want to feel good, watch Fox News. If they want to know the true/real news, watch CNN.

***Watching Foxnews makes you dumb and dumber than your friends who watch NO News. It is on the survey!

***Don’t listen to what Republicans say, look what they do to Women’s rights.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 4:27PM #3
teilhard

John Huntsman was -- IMHO -- the BEST Candidate on their Side ... and almost NOBODY in The GOP took him seriously or to Heart ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 4:41PM #4
TemplarS

Huntsman was perhaps the only Republican in the race I had much respect for.  Not that I don't disagree with a lot of his policies. But he strikes me as a pragmatist, not an ideologue.  Which is where the party needs to go.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 4:55PM #5
teilhard

He is a "Centrist" ...

Nov 12, 2012 -- 4:41PM, TemplarS wrote:

Huntsman was perhaps the only Republican in the race I had much respect for.  Not that I don't disagree with a lot of his policies. But he strikes me as a pragmatist, not an ideologue.  Which is where the party needs to go.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 5:17PM #6
TemplarS

Nov 12, 2012 -- 4:55PM, teilhard wrote:

He is a "Centrist" ...

He's a conservative. He supports Ryan's economic plan, which is as conservative as they come. But he's indicated a willingness to listen to and respect other ideas.  Which is why most everybody else in the party distrusted him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 7:35PM #7
hamerhas

Nov 12, 2012 -- 4:16PM, vra wrote:

From Politico:  Jon Huntsman on Monday joined a chorus of center-right critics who are questioning the GOP’s reliance on the conservative media establishment, saying the party needed to move beyond “pontificators …who are making millions.”

“If we used all that energy spent on the president’s birth certificate or tax reform or on Afghanistan, we’d be in a much difference place today,”

Agree? 

Wrong.

With the % of american and non american voters who pay nothing in taxes now outnumbering

those who work and do pay taxes , the need to keep the  gravy train rolling will

be voting issue #1 from now until the end .

The trend for the increasing rather than declining numbers of people not paying taxes with each

passing day is irreversible.

Yes? No?

Thus the only winners from here on out are those  championing the gravy train , which is

ctually more of a rocket sled to hell.

Those are the statistical facts. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 8:05PM #8
mountain_man

Nov 12, 2012 -- 7:35PM, hamerhas wrote:

With the % of american and non american voters who pay nothing in taxes...

Every American that buys something pays taxes. Every American that has a job pays taxes. Even those unemployed pay federal income tax on their unemployment INSURANCE benefits. Those retired pay taxes in that income too.

..now outnumbering those who work and do pay taxes...

That's nothing but Regressive propaganda. It is the rich that are not paying taxes at a rate they should be.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 8:20PM #9
hamerhas

Nov 12, 2012 -- 7:35PM, hamerhas wrote:

Nov 12, 2012 -- 4:16PM, vra wrote:

“If we used all that energy spent on the president’s birth certificate or tax reform or on Afghanistan, we’d be in a much difference place today,”

Agree? 

Wrong.

With the % of american and non american voters who pay nothing in taxes now outnumbering

those who work and do pay taxes , the need to keep the  gravy train rolling will

be voting issue #1 from now until the end .

The trend for the increasing rather than declining numbers of people not paying taxes with each

passing day is irreversible.

Yes? No?

Thus the only winners from here on out are those  championing the gravy train , which is

ctually more of a rocket sled to hell.

Those are the statistical facts. 

Right .

The percent of people who pay no federal income tax is at an all time low ,

and the number of people on food stamps is at an all time low as well.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 10:51PM #10
mountain_man

Nov 12, 2012 -- 8:20PM, hamerhas wrote:

The percent of people who pay no federal income tax is at an all time low ,

and the number of people on food stamps is at an all time low as well.

You don't seem to have a firm grasp on reality. Record numbers of people are on food stamps and other kinds of assistance because the Regressives totally screwed up the economy. What you are completely incapable of realizing is that corporate welfare is at an all time high too. Corporate profits have increased under Obama than they have under any president for almost 100 years. So, the question to ask all these "job creators" is; were are the jobs?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook