Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama vs. Flag Code
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 3:14PM #1
Ironhold
link

As a fundraiser, the Obama campaign is selling US flag prints wherein the blue field has been replaced with the Obama logo.

Between this and a series of other incidents, The Blaze - like a lot of other people - is furious over what they perceive to be the administration's blatant disregard for the US Flag Code.

Here we go again...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 3:33PM #2
CoolWarrior

Tempest in a teeny tiny teacup.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 3:41PM #3
Stardove

Flag code in part:

Criminal penalties for certain acts of desecration to the flag were contained in Title 18 of the United States Code prior to 1989. The Supreme Court decision in Texas v. Johnson; June 21, 1989, held the statute unconstitutional. This statute was amended when the Flag Protection Act of 1989 (Oct. 28, 1989) imposed a fine and/or up to I year in prison for knowingly mutilating, defacing, physically defiling, maintaining on the floor or trampling upon any flag of the United States. The Flag Protection Act of 1989 was struck down by the Supreme Court decision, United States vs. Eichman, decided on June 11, 1990.

While the Code empowers the President of the United States to alter, modify, repeal or prescribe additional rules regarding the Flag, no federal agency has the authority to issue 'official' rulings legally binding on civilians or civilian groups.

I only see 9 stripes, not 13. It's called art.  Wink

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 3:44PM #4
mecdukebec

These anti-Obama threads need more substance, and less Wingo outrage.  Turning a racist Wingophrase I've heard "your boy" [not Mr Obama; hence the usual Wingophrase and racist utterance; but turned around:  Willard of Nowhere] is going down:  What about substance? 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 3:51PM #5
DotNotInOz

They'd have a point were the Obama logo superimposed on a replica of the U.S. flag.

This is nowhere near that. I agree that it's an artistic representation exempt from flag rules.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 4:10PM #6
CoolWarrior

Can someone give me instructions on how to post an image? Nothing I try seems to work.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 4:14PM #7
Girlchristian

Sep 20, 2012 -- 3:51PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

They'd have a point were the Obama logo superimposed on a replica of the U.S. flag.

This is nowhere near that. I agree that it's an artistic representation exempt from flag rules.

Agreed. I think it's nicely done.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 4:25PM #8
Stardove

Sidebar:  first the photo has to be uploaded to Beliefnet.  This can be done from homepage or a post.  At a post on the lower right side click on the Insert Photo.  A Photo Manager window opens on that click on Upload Photo. Then click on Add from my computer.  Go to your picture folder click (highlight) the photo you want to add then click on open. Then click on Start Upload.  After the picture uploads highlight and click on the select photo and it will be inserted into a post.

Follow the same instructions from your homepage to upload photos. Click on Photos tab then click on upload photo.  One thing to watch for is making sure photos are within bounds of a thread.  After inserting the picture can be reduced by moving arrows to decrease the size.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 5:47PM #9
teilhard

I like it ...

Sep 20, 2012 -- 4:14PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Sep 20, 2012 -- 3:51PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

Agreed. I think it's nicely done.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 7:16PM #10
Ebon

I think it's kinda tacky but that's entirely my personal taste.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook