2 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2012 - 7:10PM #1
solfeggio
This link from The Onion says it all:

www.theonion.com/articles/romney-apologi...

(Yes, I know what sort of website The Onion is.  And yes, I know they are having some fun.  But, you have to admit that there is the ring of truth in what they say.  Romney is an ugly elitist, and this is the sort of thing he might well say.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2012 - 8:05PM #2
TemplarS

"Mitt is sorry."

Yes, he is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2012 - 8:09PM #3
mecdukebec

Mitt is pathetic, heartless, and insensitive. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 10:55AM #4
karbie

Well, he did say that he was "Sorry". I think he's a sorry choice for President.  People who used to work for companies he took over, ran into the ground, and then sold for profit are sorry. Just because they now fall into his "parasites" catagory by being out of jobs and not having yearly incomes that are high enough to qualify for the group of real humans doesn't mean they can't accept his apologies and vote for him.

What a jerk. I guess he didn't expect his speech at the fundraiser to be quoted since he was only talking to real people who forked over $50,000 a plate to be in the same room with him.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 1:19PM #5
Roodog

Sep 19, 2012 -- 8:05PM, TemplarS wrote:

"Mitt is sorry."

Yes, he is.

I'm stealing this, Templar.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 5:02PM #6
karbie

And if he wins the election, we'll all end up sorry.

He was raised to believe that financial success is a sign of God's approval. God wants his children to be wealthy and have good things here. The Mormons know the money belongs to God and should be used for God's purposes.

My sources? My husband was a Mormon for a few years before we met. He'd left the church by then.. But the reason Romney is against birth control, Planned Parenthood, and especially abortions is because God and His wife have created so many spirit babies that need Earthly bodies it is very important nothing interferes with that.

My other source is a book that tells about a family that decided to join  the church, their lives in it, and how things changed when the husband and wife had come to the conclusion separately that they wanted to leave and take their children out of the only religion and way of life they knew.

Out of Mormonism: A Woman's True Story by Judy Robertson

the Promise Keepers movement has some of the same elements--that the man is the head of the family, as God is the head of the church; therefore, the husband's prayers are more important and have a better chance of being heard. So you tell the Promisekeeper what your prayers are and he'll pass them along for you. My s-i-l has a family Covenant where she and her son signed a family pact agreeing to that garbage. They are just as religious about being Republicans.

Fanatics scare me, whether it is over religion, political parties, or the firm belief women should be subservient.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook