Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Romney Doesn't Care About Almost Half the Country
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2012 - 12:34PM #1
mountain_man
Those are his words, he doesn't care about 47% of the people in the USA.

Here's the story.

Here's a transcript of the lies he told:

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.

Romney went on: "[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Half of those he claims see themselves as "victims" are elderly on Social Security or other forms of retirement income and pay little, if any, income tax. They've already paid into the system and have paid taxes for many decades. Their Social Security is not an "entitlement" but an insurance program they paid into.

Another large portion of those he dishonestly says paid no taxes are the working poor. They don't make enough to pay INCOME taxes but do pay payroll taxes. That means they paid 15% of their income as taxes. That's a higher tax rate than Robme paid.

He's also whining about those on unemployment - which is taxed at the federal level. Obviously he doesn't care about them since it was his party that put them out of work in the first place.

It doesn't surprise me that Robme and other Regressives don't care about people. They care only about money. If the Regressives had valid points why do they have to lie about everything? Why not just tell the truth and let the people decide?
Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2012 - 1:24PM #2
TPaine

At that fund raiser Romney also claimed that the idea of peace in the Middle East is "almost unthinkable to accomplish."

I'm torn by two perspectives in this regard. One is the one which I've had for some time, which is that the Palestinians have no interest whatsoever in establishing peace, and that the pathway to peace is almost unthinkable to accomplish.

And I look at the Palestinians not wanting to see peace anyway, for political purposes, committed to the destruction and elimination of Israel, and these thorny issues, and I say, "There's just no way." Link

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2012 - 1:34PM #3
mountain_man

Of course Robme has it backwards. It is Israel that has proven they don't want peace. Any peace in the area is dependent upon Israel at least ending their "settlement" building. They have adamantly refused to do that.

That's just another example of how nothing the Regressives say or do has any connection with reality. It's all lies, which again brings up the question; why do they have to lie? Why not just tell the truth and let the people decide? Why are they so undemocratic?

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2012 - 2:25PM #4
mainecaptain

Those who vote for romney are screwing themselves. And worse screwing the rest of us as well. Romney doesn't care about anyone who is not a millionaire and does not care about anything not a corporations.

They are all he cares about. He will destroy this country if he gets in. You can not run a country as a corporation.

I hear people say stupid things like they love America. What do they love. I never hear that. America is its people. 

If you don't care about 47% of the population, you do not care about the country. Romney cares about money not the country, he will not help you the ordinary citizen. So if you are not a 1%er he does not care about you. Stop fooling yourself

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2012 - 4:08PM #5
mountain_man

Sep 18, 2012 -- 2:25PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Those who vote for romney are screwing themselves. And worse screwing the rest of us as well. Romney doesn't care about anyone who is not a millionaire and does not care about anything not a corporations.

His recent antics prove that.

They are all he cares about. He will destroy this country if he gets in. You can not run a country as a corporation.

Robme doesn't have any experience running a large corporation. He only knows how to destroy them for profit.

I hear people say stupid things like they love America. What do they love. I never hear that. America is its people.

They're only doing what they are told. Regressives count on low information, ignorant, voters.

If you don't care about 47% of the population, you do not care about the country. Romney cares about money not the country, he will not help you the ordinary citizen. So if you are not a 1%er he does not care about you. Stop fooling yourself

He doesn't care about anyone that would vote for Obama. You heard him; anyone that votes for Obama is a parasite, bottom feeding scum, a "victim" sucking at the teat of government. How can anyone take that fool seriously?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2012 - 4:51PM #6
jane2

Romney is a true dork. He can't think, irritates others when he travels abroad, and he is no administrator in the true sense.

I think it is fitting and hilarious that James Earl Carter IV originally found this taped bombast.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2012 - 5:41PM #7
mountain_man

Sep 18, 2012 -- 4:51PM, jane2 wrote:

Romney is a true dork. He can't think, irritates others when he travels abroad, and he is no administrator in the true sense.

In that sentence replace "Romney" with the name of any other Republican president and it is still true.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2012 - 7:22PM #8
Svetlana

Sep 18, 2012 -- 5:41PM, mountain_man wrote:

Sep 18, 2012 -- 4:51PM, jane2 wrote:

In that sentence replace "Romney" with the name of any other Republican president and it is still true.

I try so very hard to be fair, but I can't do it alone.  I was willing to excuse some of Romney's crap on the grounds that he really and truly has no clue what life is like for most of us.  He still doesn't, but the hate he's added to his comments is inexcusable, and I can't excuse him anymore.  Personal responsibility for their lives?  THEY are not responsible for being underpaid, for being denied employment, for the economic crash that put so many of us out of work in the first place and has forced employers to pay less in wages.  

Secondly, and it amazes me that those greedy scumbags have never thought of this, by reducing the already struggling to literal hand-to-mouth existences, where are the grocery stores going to get their revenue?  Where are landlords going to find renters if so many now can't afford their rent?  Where are clothing manufacturers going to get their revenue when so few can afford to buy new clothes?  Where will the oil companies get their money if significantly fewer people can afford either cars or gasoline?  Where are pharmaceutical companies going to get their wealth when so many will be completely unable to buy meds?

The rich will have their taxes reduced again.  They will NOT, however, stop using the services their taxes are supposed to pay for.  If all those working 47% don't even make enough to eat, those services certainly won't be paid for, and the middle-class Republicans, and the rest of us who earn enough, will be stuck with the bill.  How can those middle-class Republicans fail to see that?????

It's fascinating to see how evil and immorality can make someone otherwise intelligent so very, very stupid.

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2012 - 7:47PM #9
Miraj

I hate both Romney and Obama equally.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2012 - 8:21PM #10
mountain_man

Sep 18, 2012 -- 7:47PM, Miraj wrote:

I hate both Romney and Obama equally.

Yes, hate is a religious value. I don't hate anyone. I could never vote for Robme, but that doesn't mean I have to hate him. I don't have any desire to sit down and have a beer with him. It is plain that he is not one of "us". That doesn't mean I have to hate him.  Such hate just eats away at your own "soul" or psyche and does not effect the object of your hate one bit.

Obama hasn't done anything for me to "hate" him either. His political position is too far to the Right for me, but that's no reason to hate him. I don't like the way he sanctions murder by drone, but adding more hate to that problem isn't going to solve anything.

The only way to stop the hatred that is consuming humanity is to start with yourself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook