Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View Romney Doesn't Care About Almost Half the Country
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 9:24PM #61
Roodog

Sep 20, 2012 -- 9:17PM, mountain_man wrote:

Sep 20, 2012 -- 12:37PM, Roodog wrote:

A person who is running for political office should not say such things. It arouses and mobilizes the opposition and undercuts those who would support him or her.

This shows how arrogant Romney is and how contemptuous he is of the working poor.

Would you trust him with your children's future?

I wouldn't trust him with my DOGS future!

Some people love their dogs more than their kids.

Me, my dogs were my kids. (my wife and have no kids.)

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 9:26PM #62
mainecaptain

Romney does not care about anyone but his money equals, if you earn less than he does, you are irrelavant to him. And you may as well drop dead.

It stuns me how many hate Obama so much they will vote against their best interest and hurt the country,  destroy their fellow citizens, so they can vote against him.

That is an amazing about of self destruction for the sake of bigotry.

Of course I personally don't believe those who would vote for romney care about anyone else either, but that is just my strong impression

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 10:23PM #63
teilhard

A Number of Years ago there was an Essay in, I think, "The Atlantic," by James Fallows ... He was giving a troubled and troubling Reflection on a looming Fact ...

He had noticed a that a very wealthy American Guy living in LA has "more in Common" with a very wealthy Guy in Hong Kong than with the lower-Middle Class fellow American Citizen living just a couple Miles across Town ...

Candidate "'Mittens' R. Money" EMBODIES that Fact, and he doesn't even KNOW it, and he obviously doesn't CARE ...

*shudder*

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 11:28PM #64
Svetlana

Sep 20, 2012 -- 9:26PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Romney does not care about anyone but his money equals, if you earn less than he does, you are irrelavant to him. And you may as well drop dead.

It stuns me how many hate Obama so much they will vote against their best interest and hurt the country,  destroy their fellow citizens, so they can vote against him.

That is an amazing about of self destruction for the sake of bigotry.

Of course I personally don't believe those who would vote for romney care about anyone else either, but that is just my strong impression

And mine, but, according to this fascinating study, that's because we tend to be liberal and therefore somewhat inaccurate in our assessment of conservatives:

faculty.virginia.edu/haidtlab/articles/m...

There are genetic differences between liberals and conservatives, too, and I found many studies when I googled "liberal vs conservative genes".  I find this sort of stuff fascinating.  I agree, however, that if conservatives DO have compassion and empathy, then why do they support someone who has clearly stated that he has none at all for nearly half of all Americans?  None of the studies even hinted that one group is more intelligent or even more perceptive than the other, so why is the impression of a total lack of compassion in conservatives so strong in liberals?

The genetic studies indicate that the part of the brain that governs emotions (including empathy) is more active in conservatives.  They, overall, respond with emotion to new or ambiguous information, which might explain their disregard for Romney's contempt for half of us.  If the emotion of hatred for Obama is strong enough, it can override any other consideration of data, so they disregard it.  This certainly isn't conclusive, but it is suggested by the findings of these genetic studies.

There was another study somewhere that said that conservatives were certainly as generous as liberals.  Why, then, the strong objection to governmental help to those who need it?  That particular study found that conservatives value fairness and compassion lowest in their scale of values, although they did value them.  The study suggested that conservatives are privately very generous and oppose governmental social programs because, by giving privately, they can focus their generosity on specific groups, like elderly white widows, without having to support those "not of their kind", like black single parents.  They want to help, but don't believe that all who need it should get it, apparently.  Now, that was just one study (I think), and may mean nothing at all if it hasn't been confirmed by more studies.  It just fits observed behavior and publically stated opinion so well, that I find it very compelling.

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2012 - 3:06AM #65
Stardove

Some post were removed without notices.  Members are not the subject of any threads even at HTZ.

Star ~ Community Moderator

Host HTZ

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2012 - 9:52AM #66
Iwantamotto

mainecaptain:  Romney does not care about anyone but his money equals, if you earn less than he does, you are irrelavant to him. And you may as well drop dead.

What is even more fascinating psychologically is why the workers who actually do the work for all these millionaires/billionaires even enjoy working for such asshole leaders.  GOOD leaders appreciate their workers.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2012 - 4:41PM #67
Stardove

WATCH: Full Secret Video of Private Romney Fundraiser

There are more videos from the fund raiser which cost $50,000 a person to attend. 

See what else Romney had to say that night behind closed door to his wealthy supporters.  He even mentions Karl Rove and others helping with elections all over the world in one video and gives his views on the Middle East and more.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook