Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Murder Over Cuts of Meat
2 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 8:47AM #11
DotNotInOz
Apparently, St. Louisans get somewhat too intense about their foodstuffs. Barely 24 hours later, in an unrelated incident, a man was killed during an argument over a bag of Cheetos.

This is a concealed carry state, heavily wooded and popular for hunting. Quite a lot of people own guns and have a mentality that encourages their use.

In brief, there are a lot of short-tempered rednecks in Missouri.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 3:58PM #12
Paravani

Sep 13, 2012 -- 8:47AM, DotNotInOz wrote:

This is a concealed carry state, heavily wooded and popular for hunting. Quite a lot of people own guns and have a mentality that encourages their use. In brief, there are a lot of short-tempered rednecks in Missouri.

Thanks for the warning, Dot!

Love,

Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 4:30PM #13
mytmouse57

Apparently, St. Louisans get somewhat too intense about their foodstuffs. Barely 24 hours later, in an unrelated incident, a man was killed during an argument over a bag of Cheetos. This is a concealed carry state, heavily wooded and popular for hunting. Quite a lot of people own guns and have a mentality that encourages their use. In brief, there are a lot of short-tempered rednecks in Missouri.

I've only been through Missouri once. I got flipped off on the highway. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 6:50PM #14
DotNotInOz

If you must drive through Missouri, particularly anywhere in the St. Louis metro, be especially cautious as people typically do not use turn signals or will flip on the signal either when they're halfway into the lane change or have just completed it.

One of the dumber laws Missouri has is that if you're in a marked turn lane, you need not have your signal on. I concluded quite soon after we moved to STL that that only encourages people to neglect using turn signals altogether, and believe me, plenty of drivers think everyone else ought to be able to read their mind about whether or not they're turning.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2012 - 9:27PM #15
Roodog

Sep 13, 2012 -- 4:30PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Apparently, St. Louisans get somewhat too intense about their foodstuffs. Barely 24 hours later, in an unrelated incident, a man was killed during an argument over a bag of Cheetos. This is a concealed carry state, heavily wooded and popular for hunting. Quite a lot of people own guns and have a mentality that encourages their use. In brief, there are a lot of short-tempered rednecks in Missouri.

I've only been through Missouri once. I got flipped off on the highway. 

I had Basic Training in Ft. Leonard Wood, MO back in the mid '70's

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook