Post Reply
Page 25 of 25  •  Prev 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25
Switch to Forum Live View Islamic Terrorist Chaplain at a Boston University
2 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 3:43PM #241
Paravani
Posts: 797

Sep 13, 2012 -- 3:35PM, Erey wrote:


In regards to the pictures Miraj posted of Libyans protesting the terrorism



Hi, All!


Hi,Erey!


Hey, we now have a separate thread for Libya protests, because it really deserves its own.  Could you please post this question there?


Love,


Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 5:28PM #242
CoolWarrior
Posts: 10,164

Sep 13, 2012 -- 3:35PM, Erey wrote:


In regards to the pictures Miraj posted of Libyans protesting the terrorism


 


Those are very heartning pictures, truly lovely and I although I had seen them before from major news sources they touch me every time.


 


I am going to be a jerk for a minute and just beg forgiveness.  I have to question these pictures because they confuse me.  I know it is horrible of me to question and I don't feel good about this particular questioning. 


What confuses me is why are the Libyans so different from all the other protests going on throughout the middle east?  Are they being forced?  Why?  Morroco, Tunisia (non violently) and Egypt, Yemen (violently) I think even Oman maybe have been protesting in a agressive manner. 


 


The whole dicotemy and difference just smells really fishy to me.   any thoughts?





Well that cetainly fits in with the anti-Muslim prejudice and ambience behind the OP and ff of this thread.


'

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 9:11PM #243
mountain_man
Posts: 39,321

Sep 12, 2012 -- 11:44PM, Miraj wrote:

Pay attention.


Not to you if you are going to address me like that. At least try and fake a little respect.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 9:16PM #244
mountain_man
Posts: 39,321

Sep 13, 2012 -- 2:39AM, Miraj wrote:

Hi, rabello.  Ya, baiting comes with the territory,


Then you should stop baiting.,


but, with the photos, I wanted to address two issues, that Muslims are silent about violence, and that every violent act is about Islam.


I don't believe anyone here said anything about every violent act is about Islam. It happens to be that the recent murders of 4 Americans was about Islam. You can deny it all you want, but it seems you claim a different motive than the crowd committing the murders did.


While the usual anti-Islam, anti-religion suspects may not gain any substance from what we post,


And you have not shown any "gains" from what others have posted. Why do you expect from others what you have shown unable to do for yourself?


I know that more people read the threads than post on them.  That is the audience we should always be mindful of.


Yes, we should. Those that pose as apologists for a religion are unable to get past their own biases and learn.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 9:52PM #245
rabello
Posts: 21,138

Sep 13, 2012 -- 3:06PM, mytmouse57 wrote:


Black-and-white thinking is the hallmark of a trained mind, rather than a freely exercised one. 




That might be true for engineering (the building either stands or it doesn't), or open heart surgery (the heart either beats or it doesn't), or construction (the nail either holds or it doesn't), or in the factory (the assembly line either keeps moving or it doesn't), but when it comes to human psychology, sociology, geo-politica strife, religion as a means of adaptation, religion as a means of spiritual connection, altruism, the golden rule, etc, the my way/or the highway, the I'm right/you're wrong, the I'm smart/you're stupid, the either/or type of thinking impedes communication and a consensus of interest, which, ultimately, is what conflict resolution is all about.


People who think in stark black/white, either/or, terms and become abusive about it are unable to synthesize competing, mutually exculsive facts into complex understanding. 


Perhaps I am misreading your point...in fact I think I probably am.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 25 of 25  •  Prev 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook