Switch to Forum Live View Michael Clarke Duncan, dead at 54
2 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2012 - 6:33PM #1
Ebon
According to his fiance, Michael Clarke Duncan has passed away at the age of 54.

www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/...
He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2012 - 6:46PM #2
mainecaptain

How sad, may he rest in Peace.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2012 - 6:51PM #3
CoolWarrior

I just saw this on the news.

What a loss!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2012 - 3:03PM #4
Erey

We were just watching Talidega Nights for the upteenth time Saturday and were enjoying his diolouge "don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby, don't you do that to us!"

I hope he had as much fun acting his roles as people had watching his performances. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2012 - 3:37PM #5
Cesmom

What a great actor.  He was amazing in the Green Mile.  Very sad that he had to die at such a young age.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2012 - 9:44PM #6
TRUECHRISTIAN

I didn't recognize the the name.  I didn't see Taliaga Nights, but he was excellent in the movie the Green Mile.  

I could be wrong.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2012 - 9:54PM #7
Roodog

He was such a fine actor, he will be missed.

Rest in Peace.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 9:55AM #8
karbie

They were showing The Green Mile back to back last night. He never forgot wher he came from--he was digging ditches. looking up at the HOLLYWOOD sign and being made fun of for thinking he'd ever be a working actor. I'm glad that he got his dream, and was one of the rare people who never forgot to be thankful for it.

He will be missed.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 7:21PM #9
Hatman
i love "The Green Mile."  Have watched it several times.  He was quite good in "The Finder," too.  He seemed right healthy; the WaPo article i read didn't give an actual date he was pronounced, just that he never recovered from a Jul 13 heart attack, iirc.  (curiously, when i went back to take another look at the article, i can now no longer access it.)
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2012 - 8:47PM #10
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook