Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View Paul Ryan’s speech in 3 words @ Fox News
2 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2012 - 7:34PM #71
mountain_man

Sep 4, 2012 -- 6:23PM, solfeggio wrote:

That usually means that half of the Americans polled think Romney's their man.

Yes, half of those polled.

You don't need to be an America-hater to see that.

You need to be an American-hater to apply what they said to all Americans - as you tried to do.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2012 - 9:00PM #72
farragut

"Often we tune out the static."

I listened to none of the GOP convention; I'll do the same with the Dems. Do not want to get caught up in emotionalism, lies, and false promises.  I'll read the platforms and watch the debates.

Still won't trust either of them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2012 - 2:43AM #73
in_my_opinion

Sep 4, 2012 -- 7:34PM, mountain_man wrote:

Sep 4, 2012 -- 6:23PM, solfeggio wrote:

That usually means that half of the Americans polled think Romney's their man.

Yes, half of those polled.

You don't need to be an America-hater to see that.

You need to be an American-hater to apply what they said to all Americans - as you tried to do.

Completely agree.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2012 - 2:53AM #74
in_my_opinion

Sep 4, 2012 -- 10:12AM, mountain_man wrote:

"Americans" are not of one mind. If you say "Americans feel...." you will always be wrong. Half of the VOTERS polled do not speak for all Americans.

Preach it, brother!

Americans change their mind all the time anyway! It is both part of their ineffable charm and a strength that lets them deal with a swiftly and constantly changing reality.

Unlike many other peoples, they're not stuck in the past unable to deal with the present. They argue and agree over minutiae but preserve that right to disagree in free speech and that of mental and social liberty, religiously.

Innocent

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2012 - 2:48PM #75
Stardove

Proving he can’t speak without lying, Paul Ryan defended his previous lies about the Janesville GM plant closure being Obama’s fault by lying some more on NBC’s Today. This time, Ryan claimed he never blamed Obama for the closure but it’s still Obama’s fault and he claims GM is not alive, on the very day when all three automakers post double digit gains.

Videos at the link.

Maybe policy wonk Paul Ryan didn’t read the bills, but they included (like the brilliant and effective stimulus that Ryan was against but took the money anyway) things like retooling plants for green jobs.

I know, right? And meanwhile, Ryan could have proposed a jobs bill himself. Or any one of his Republican colleagues could have. Something to address that Janesville plant?

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook