Post Reply
Page 2 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Another Great Reason to Love & Accept Shari'a Law in America
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2012 - 12:41AM #11
Miraj
Posts: 5,021

Jul 31, 2012 -- 10:08PM, 3neez wrote:


ummmm Dave,


This is sadly another one of those subjects you're not "up" on. I doubt you even read the article. But rather your little steam whistle went toot toot and now we're forced to listen to your philosophy. I'd like to think it wasn't me you were focusing on but rather the subject. toot toot


If you'd interrupt yourself for a moment and read the OP article and a few more on this subject, you too could share with us something beyond what little you have so far.


shariahinamericancourts.com/


topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timesto...


www.islamicity.com/politics/shariah.htm


www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2012/May/Activist...


www.islamreview.com/articles/sharia.shtm...


These should help clear the fog though I doubt you'll read a word of any of it.


You make me smile.




What a mess of links.  Only one of them has any credibility.  The rest are crap and some are anti-Islam.  


Please leave your brain to science.  I'd love to know what makes an ignorant hater think they're fighting hate and ignorance by spreading hate and ignorance.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2012 - 2:11AM #12
rangerken
Posts: 16,406

Aug 1, 2012 -- 12:27AM, Miraj wrote:


Jul 31, 2012 -- 9:11PM, mountain_man wrote:


That's the problem with paranoia, they cannot accept the truth or even deal with reality. No one is trying to establish Sharia law in the USA. If they did, they'd have no success. Most of the Muslims here would be against it. They came here to get away from that BS, not bring it with them.




Shar'ia is not BS, and it's already here.




If sharia has the slightest secular authority it definitely is BS. If it stays where it belongs, inside Islam like Canon law should stay inside Catholicism or that Holiness Code should stay inside Orthodox Judaism, then there's no problem nor issue at all. I do agree with Dave that most American Muslims who immigrated here from Muslim countries came partially if not entirely to get away from places where shariah had secular power. My neighbors come to mind!


Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2012 - 5:33AM #13
Miraj
Posts: 5,021

Aug 1, 2012 -- 2:11AM, rangerken wrote:


If sharia has the slightest secular authority it definitely is BS. If it stays where it belongs, inside Islam like Canon law should stay inside Catholicism or that Holiness Code should stay inside Orthodox Judaism, then there's no problem nor issue at all. I do agree with Dave that most American Muslims who immigrated here from Muslim countries came partially if not entirely to get away from places where shariah had secular power. My neighbors come to mind!


Ken




Shari'a isn't secular, so that's BS.  If that's why your neighbors say they left, they're full of BS, too.  We wouldn't be Muslims without Shari'a, so "Muslims" who come here and don't want to be Muslim anymore, who cares?  But, they clearly have no concept of Shari'a, just like everyone posting here, so far, except me, the token Muslim. 


It's amazing how little people know about something they have such strong opinions about.  I wish I was a lesser person than I am so I could feel as free to make ignorant, stupid and insulting statements about your religions as often as you insult mine.  But, I'm a better person for not doing that, thank God.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2012 - 7:08AM #14
Abner1
Posts: 6,385

Miraj wrote:


> Shar'ia isn't secular, so that's BS.


Rangerken didn't say sharia is secular.  He said something rather different: that it shouldn't have any secular authority.  He then went on to clarify what he meant, and it was pretty clear: he stated that sharia is a private religious code that should not have any secular power, that it should stay inside Islam.


> We wouldn't be Muslims without Shar'ia, so "Muslims" who come here and don't


> want to be Muslim anymore, who cares? 


 He then went on to talk about Muslims coming here to get away from sharia *having secular power*, not to get away from sharia or not wanting to be Muslims anymore.


It really appears that you didn't really read his post carefully or didn't understand what you read.


> I wish I was a lesser person than I am so I could feel as free to make ignorant, stupid


> and insulting statements about your religions as often as you insult mine.  But, I'm


> a better person for not doing that, thank God.


You act more like a mousetrap, snapping at anyone who touches it whether they're a mouse or not.  It might be better if you gave up your self-appointed "token Muslim" status until you're a bit less hair-trigger and a bit more careful about responding to what someone actually wrote.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2012 - 8:13AM #15
BDboy
Posts: 5,449

Jul 31, 2012 -- 10:08PM, 3neez wrote:

ummmm Dave,


This is sadly another one of those subjects you're not "up" on. I doubt you even read the article. But rather your little steam whistle went toot toot and now we're forced to listen to your philosophy. I'd like to think it wasn't me you were focusing on but rather the subject. toot toot


If you'd interrupt yourself for a moment and read the OP article and a few more on this subject, you too could share with us something beyond what little you have so far.


shariahinamericancourts.com/


topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timesto...


www.islamicity.com/politics/shariah.htm


www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2012/May/Activist...


www.islamreview.com/articles/sharia.shtm...


These should help clear the fog though I doubt you'll read a word of any of it.


You make me smile.


I I think you are spending most of your time talking to Christians about Sharia law. Please take a few minutes of your time and talk to a Muslim.


It will help you understand the issue from "The source".

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2012 - 8:44AM #16
WannabeTheo
Posts: 400

Jul 31, 2012 -- 9:05PM, 3neez wrote:

Not really though.

It appears that two adulterers were buried up to their heads and stoned to death by Islamists. Just to refresh some memories, these are the very same people that (and with Allah's Blessings) tore down and destroyed many tombs of their Saints. These were Holy place 

It's so horrible to think about it.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19053442
    



There is no mention in the article of Sharia law.  Just because Muslims did it does not mean they were following Sharia law.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2012 - 8:48AM #17
WannabeTheo
Posts: 400

Jul 31, 2012 -- 10:08PM, 3neez wrote:


ummmm Dave,


This is sadly another one of those subjects you're not "up" on. I doubt you even read the article. But rather your little steam whistle went toot toot and now we're forced to listen to your philosophy. I'd like to think it wasn't me you were focusing on but rather the subject. toot toot


If you'd interrupt yourself for a moment and read the OP article and a few more on this subject, you too could share with us something beyond what little you have so far.


shariahinamericancourts.com/


topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timesto...


www.islamicity.com/politics/shariah.htm


www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2012/May/Activist...


www.islamreview.com/articles/sharia.shtm...


These should help clear the fog though I doubt you'll read a word of any of it.


You make me smile.




In other words: "If you spent as much time as I do at anti-Islamic websites, you would be paranoid too."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2012 - 12:23PM #18
Miraj
Posts: 5,021

Aug 1, 2012 -- 7:08AM, Abner1 wrote:


Miraj wrote:


> Shar'ia isn't secular, so that's BS.


Rangerken didn't say sharia is secular.  He said something rather different: that it shouldn't have any secular authority.  He then went on to clarify what he meant, and it was pretty clear: he stated that sharia is a private religious code that should not have any secular power, that it should stay inside Islam.


Since Shar'ia isn't secular, it can't be employed in secular situations.  Employing it automatically makes the situation non-secular.  


> We wouldn't be Muslims without Shar'ia, so "Muslims" who come here and don't


> want to be Muslim anymore, who cares? 


 He then went on to talk about Muslims coming here to get away from sharia *having secular power*, not to get away from sharia or not wanting to be Muslims anymore.


It really appears that you didn't really read his post carefully or didn't understand what you read.


To state that Shari'a has "secular power" is utter nonsense.  I know plenty about what Ken says about Islam.  This ain't my first time reading his opinions about it.  I understand very well.  I think he doesn't state his opinions very well.


> I wish I was a lesser person than I am so I could feel as free to make ignorant, stupid


> and insulting statements about your religions as often as you insult mine.  But, I'm


> a better person for not doing that, thank God.


You act more like a mousetrap, snapping at anyone who touches it whether they're a mouse or not.  It might be better if you gave up your self-appointed "token Muslim" status until you're a bit less hair-trigger and a bit more careful about responding to what someone actually wrote.


You think you should decide what I say, how I say it and when I say it?  Do yourself a favor and spend your time lecturing someone else.





Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2012 - 12:27PM #19
Miraj
Posts: 5,021

Aug 1, 2012 -- 8:13AM, BDboy wrote:

Jul 31, 2012 -- 10:08PM, 3neez wrote:


ummmm Dave,


This is sadly another one of those subjects you're not "up" on. I doubt you even read the article. But rather your little steam whistle went toot toot and now we're forced to listen to your philosophy. I'd like to think it wasn't me you were focusing on but rather the subject. toot toot


If you'd interrupt yourself for a moment and read the OP article and a few more on this subject, you too could share with us something beyond what little you have so far.


shariahinamericancourts.com/


topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timesto...


www.islamicity.com/politics/shariah.htm


www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2012/May/Activist...


www.islamreview.com/articles/sharia.shtm...


These should help clear the fog though I doubt you'll read a word of any of it.


You make me smile.




I I think you are spending most of your time talking to Christians about Sharia law. Please take a few minutes of your time and talk to a Muslim.


It will help you understand the issue from "The source".




Muslims don't know anything about Islam, bro.  It's all just a misunderstanding.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2012 - 12:29PM #20
Miraj
Posts: 5,021

Aug 1, 2012 -- 8:44AM, WannabeTheo wrote:


Jul 31, 2012 -- 9:05PM, 3neez wrote:

Not really though.

It appears that two adulterers were buried up to their heads and stoned to death by Islamists. Just to refresh some memories, these are the very same people that (and with Allah's Blessings) tore down and destroyed many tombs of their Saints. These were Holy place 

It's so horrible to think about it.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19053442
    



There is no mention in the article of Sharia law.  Just because Muslims did it does not mean they were following Sharia law.




So true.


BTW, the term I think the OP really wants to discuss is Islamic law.  "Shari'a law" is not a proper term.  You'd (generic "you") have to know something about it to know that.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook