Switch to Forum Live View Crime and Punishment
2 years ago  ::  Jul 12, 2012 - 4:25PM #1
catboxer
Joe Biden told the NAACP today that "President Obama stands by his convictions."

I'm really behind in the news. I don't even know what he was charged with.
Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2012 - 2:11PM #2
Hatman

Jul 12, 2012 -- 4:25PM, catboxer wrote:

Joe Biden told the NAACP today that "President Obama stands by his convictions."

I'm really behind in the news. I don't even know what he was charged with.

Sure you're not a writer for Leno or Letterman?
Or considering the comedy-style, Groucho?

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2012 - 2:27PM #3
catboxer

Hatman, thanks. But I've never made a dime from writing.

I don't think this guy has either (although he's tried).

Jonathan Schwarz:

I learned from this article about the work of Bradley J. Strawser, a former Air Force officer and now a professor of philosophy at the Naval Postgraduate School. Strawser recently wrote as article titled "Moral Predators: The Duty to Employ Unmanned Aerial Vehicles" (PDF) in which he explained that:

I argue that there is an ethical obligation to use UAVs. ... there is a strong moral obligation to use [drones] in place of inhabited aircraft.

But is using drones the only moral obligation that we have? No. As another philosopher, Michael Novak, said in a February 10, 2003 speech at the Vatican on Just War doctrine, invading Iraq was also "a moral obligation."

Similarly, the philosopher Osama bin Laden explained in a 1996 journal article titled "Declaration of War Against the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Places,"

Terrorizing you, while you are carrying arms in our land, is a legitimate right and a moral obligation.

You want to be a good person, don't you? Of course you do. And now you know what you have to do.

Links to cited material are at the original.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook