Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
2 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2012 - 8:52PM #31
TENAC

Jul 6, 2012 -- 5:37PM, Jasr wrote:

Jul 6, 2012 -- 3:39PM, Armwar wrote:

My source is the House Ways and Means Committee report.  What do you have?

republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/Uploa...

Wow...that is one partisan, inflamatory, and unsupported pile of crap. I can't believe my taxes paid somebody to write it.

I'll go with the notpartisan CBO, thanks.

You do understand how the CBO works, yes?

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2012 - 10:35PM #32
Fodaoson

Jul 6, 2012 -- 3:39PM, Armwar wrote:

My source is the House Ways and Means Committee report.  What do you have?

republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/Uploa...

Jul 6, 2012 -- 3:40PM, Armwar wrote:

oh yeah, that out-dated and misrepresented material which can't possibly even be taken seriously...

Your info is not from the ways and means committee, it is from the REPUBLICAN

report prepared by two republicans .

Committee on Ways and Means Republican Report

Prepared for Ranking Member Dave Camp (R-MI) and Charles Boustany (RLA),

Ranking Member of the Subcommittee on Oversight

March 18, 2010

The outdated material is from when the current budget was being considered. That budget is in effect now.  It is also prepared when the law was being written that just cleared the Supreme court.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2012 - 12:15PM #33
TENAC

Gail lookin' pretty good here.......

REPORT: IRS to hire thousands more agents to collect new health care taxes...

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2012 - 9:10AM #34
Armwar

there are probably lots of ugly things we are now going to have to face, be burdened with, in those 13,000 pages...well, some here think that is just fine.  It is a complicated law, after all!  yes, not only not well-understood, or even understood at all, but not even read! by those who passed it. 

and the vast expansion of IRS into new areas is just one of those ugly things.  I have no idea why any citizen here is even bothering to argue with me about these facts!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2012 - 11:11AM #35
catboxer

People who see Armageddon in the crappy Obama-Romney (Obamney) health-care law would be well advised to stay sober, at least till noon.

The "myway" blog would be well advised to cover fashion shows and run cute kitty pictures, and leave politics to people who know what they're talking about.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2012 - 10:14PM #36
MMarcoe

Jul 6, 2012 -- 1:08PM, Armwar wrote:

yes, 16,000 new IRS agents are being hired.  Fact.

yes, the IRS can seize , put a lien on your property without any due process.  Fact. 

What else?   I present facts, but those who don't care to believe these facts offer none of their own.   I am all, uh, eyes...showl me where my facts are incorrect.  Actually, they are not---which is what a fact is---a verifiable truth, as are the two statements of fact above.

Try the Internal Revenue Code, where the REAL facts are laid out. The due process for liens, for example, is laid out in this site approved by the IRS:

www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/6320

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2012 - 10:19PM #37
MMarcoe

From what I've read in a few places, the IRS can't do much to make you pay your penalty:

The law, however, severely limits the ability of the IRS to collect the penalties. There are no civil or criminal penalties for refusing to pay it and the IRS cannot seize bank accounts or dock wages to collect it. No interest accumulates for unpaid penalties.

So how can the IRS enforce the mandate? Scary letters and threats to withhold tax refunds.

The law allows the IRS to withhold tax refunds to collect the penalty, and most filers get refunds. This year, 77 percent of the 135 million individual income tax returns processed by the IRS qualified for a refund. The average refund: $2,707.

For those who don't qualify for a refund, a stern letter from the IRS can be effective, even if it doesn't come with the threat of civil or criminal penalties, said Elizabeth Maresca, a former IRS trial attorney who supervises the Tax & Consumer Litigation Clinic at the Fordham University law school.

"Most people pay because they're scared, and I don't think that's going to change," Maresca said.

If this is the case, it'll be interesting.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2012 - 12:00AM #38
Fodaoson

Jul 9, 2012 -- 10:19PM, MMarcoe wrote:

From what I've read in a few places, the IRS can't do much to make you pay your penalty:

The law, however, severely limits the ability of the IRS to collect the penalties. There are no civil or criminal penalties for refusing to pay it and the IRS cannot seize bank accounts or dock wages to collect it. No interest accumulates for unpaid penalties.

So how can the IRS enforce the mandate? Scary letters and threats to withhold tax refunds.

The law allows the IRS to withhold tax refunds to collect the penalty, and most filers get refunds. This year, 77 percent of the 135 million individual income tax returns processed by the IRS qualified for a refund. The average refund: $2,707.

For those who don't qualify for a refund, a stern letter from the IRS can be effective, even if it doesn't come with the threat of civil or criminal penalties, said Elizabeth Maresca, a former IRS trial attorney who supervises the Tax & Consumer Litigation Clinic at the Fordham University law school.

"Most people pay because they're scared, and I don't think that's going to change," Maresca said.

If this is the case, it'll be interesting.

and they(IRS) cannot putliens on real property 

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook